Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME

Posted at 8:26 PM on June 6, 2010
Gents - was rollin down the highway at 70mph yesterday and the rear seat (that covers the batteries), flew up in the air and off in the median on I-5. Tore it up pretty good. Moral of the story: make sure that velcro is seated well. You can do this by sitting right over the top of it and movin your booty around to seat it.

I am going to have to have mine redone and I think I'll have the upholstery shop put a couple of snaps in the front to hold it down. When the wind get under the front, it picks it up like a wing...

Anyway, hope this helps.
Posted at 8:41 PM on June 6, 2010
What year is yours? I forget when they started but they now have two straps that snap down to hold it in place. Was an issue for a bit some years back tho...
Posted at 8:43 PM on June 6, 2010
Hah, just looked at your profile. My 06 V210 has the straps with snaps. I would of thought the 215 would have similar straps with snaps? If not they should...
Posted at 6:43 PM on June 16, 2010
I agree sparky. They should have snaps. I will get some put on. I may need a full reupholster job.

For those that don't have them, I would have them added so this doesn't happen to you. Ah the beauty of a web forum - hopefully this will help others.
Posted at 7:09 PM on June 16, 2010
Too bad you're so far away. I do custom upholstery out of my garage.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home

© 2019 eWake, Inc.
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us