Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-11-2009, 2:27 PM Reply   
Do many people use the Marek Boots?
I thought they would be really popular since they are Rusty's pro boot. but you dont hear anything about them and dont see many people using them.

What are your guys' thoughts on the boots?
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-12-2009, 6:24 AM Reply   
not of fan of the burton style pull string. I broke a pair of burtons trying them on at the store. Then while I was telling my friend about it, he broke his marek's the same way. Pulled one of the eyelets.

otherwise there pretty comfy
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       12-12-2009, 8:58 AM Reply   
I just got a brand new pair in! Im gonna go try em but something I can tell you right off the bat! theyr a lot more flexible and seem a lot easier to get in and out of then last years! they def fixed up a few things and the design is just amazing 2! black leather light as a feather ughhh I gotta go shred em right now!
C u later!

PS:. They should be dooooope!Upload
Old     (austin_h)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-12-2009, 2:23 PM Reply   
yeah, i saw norbi out at the cable riding them today, he loves them. Last year the draw strings took a little bit of time to put on and off but this year is a little better. They're super comfy on your feet and hold em in pretty well. I'm gonna be riding em next year anyways
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       12-12-2009, 3:40 PM Reply   
soooo dope ! like Austin even said I loved them so much! landed a bunch of new stuff and all my other older tricks I had the comfort of being able to charge more and go a lot bigger with safe always 100% reliable landing and awesome support! landed a 7 off the aframe started trying frontflip to blind tail grabs and just in general even tho it was the first day for the boots they were pretty stiff but sooooo much fun! Loved itttt! austin come shred tomorrow! and come to the library tonite !
Old     (raspy)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-14-2009, 6:36 AM Reply   
OK. I dont know about the new ones. But I had last years. I am decent I know all of the basic inverts but nothing super crazy and some spins. So im working on my ts fs 5's. First hit have the handle try to hold on but catch my nose just a normal bail no biggie right?. Im like whoa my foot is loose. Broke the baseplate right off my board I tweaked my knee pretty good. So. Im like well F. SO i get them warranted. Next day.... Exact same thing except the lacing rips right out. Could'nt believe it.How does Rusty ride these? Two sets. Two pretty pussy bails. Two baseplates broken and lacing ripped right out. Thank god i didnt wreck my knee number one and also that I know some beauties at the shop (Attridge in vernon SIIIIIICK) and I sniped some cells. Finally landed the 5 and took some bails and they held up perfectly JUST SAYIN!
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       12-14-2009, 9:20 AM Reply   
This years are def improved then cuz I remember Nick Davies had some problems with last years 2. but Ive been riding it hardcore on the cable for a few years and as long as you keep on checking the laces at the part where its tied to the little hoop thingy and you make sure it doesnt come undone you should be fine! plus the plates are a lot stronger now and they pretty much dont even lift off the board. just sayin