Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-22-2008, 11:25 AM Reply   
Any opinions on a MC PS 190?

Just saw one come up locally for a decent price, has a fresh interior stereo etc, doesnt need any work turn key.

any opinion on the wake of this bad boy, obviosuly it is a ski boat but am i safe to compare to an older x-5 or x-7 or is that way off?
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-22-2008, 11:32 AM Reply   
depends on the year. an 01 and up will be like an x7 when you add ballast.
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-22-2008, 11:33 AM Reply   
Sorry, its an 1988 i believe.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-22-2008, 11:54 AM Reply   
It is going to have a real tough time creating a good wake. It will be clean but not big. It is so low profile that you can't really put enough weight in it. On the other hand it is an awesome built boat and with new interior might be a good boat for a lot of years. How much is the seller asking?
Old     (davomaddo)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-22-2008, 12:10 PM Reply   
It is an awesome boat.
The wake will never be super big, but that might be OK for you. I don't know your level of riding.

It was a work horse for us. We put tons of hours on it and we never had problems with it. I learned a lot of tricks behind it. We had the pole, with a bunch of fat sacks in it. It drove and ran awesome.

I wouldn't be very happy with the Pro Star's wake for wakeboarding now. I am a lot better rider now and I have become spoiled by riding on huge wakes.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-22-2008, 1:10 PM Reply   
Rampy wake, just not big like some people THINK they need these days. Perfect for spinning imo. They are some workhorse boats.
Old     (jixxxer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-22-2008, 1:13 PM Reply   
Rode behind one a while back and if its weighted down properly, throws a nice wake imo!
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-22-2008, 1:28 PM Reply   
Medium sized wake, nice ramp, great boat.

Not a lot of room, not a bow rider, no back seat if your going to run fat sacks.

Everytime a surfer goes by you will be spinning the boat around to take the wake across the bow.

We had one for about 5 or 6 years. Loved it at the time but could never go back now.

I'm curious what the price is..... Shouldn't be any more than $10k or $12k at most.
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-22-2008, 2:14 PM Reply   
They are asking $9500.00, but it seems to be an end of season sale that you could hammer them down on probably another $1000 at least id think.

Normally I wouldnt want to even spend this much on an older boat, but from the pic the interior looks really fresh which is a nice touch, and it has a nice full working steroro and some new leds lights aswell.

anyone surf this boat before?
Old     (jixxxer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-22-2008, 2:22 PM Reply   
$9500 seems to be a good price on that boat if the motor and all is in good shape! If u want some better opinions go to http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-22-2008, 2:38 PM Reply   
the surf wake is short, and somewhat closer to the boat. It works well but there is not a lot of room to work with. It's also terrible on the engine and boat. I no longer allow surfing behind mine because I would like to keep it running. IMO surfing shouldn't be done on any boat, but especially older ones and those with lower profiles.

My profile pic is an 89 with 2 people in the boat. 75ft prob around 23-24 mph
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-22-2008, 2:49 PM Reply   
If you ever surf that old Prostar you would have to be really careful to not slow down so fast that the wave catches up to the boat. It'll swamp it in a hurry...... don't ask how I know.

Thats a pretty fair price considering the new interior & stereo. Also check out the motor. They don't make that Ford any more so parts might be getting kind of scarce.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-22-2008, 3:24 PM Reply   
Chase,

There is a guy on hwy 11 north by Big Chief rd... (up over the crest) selling a mellow yellow nautique 2001 I believe... (across from place that sells the consignment boats)

That will make a good wake machine.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-22-2008, 4:35 PM Reply   
This guy?

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=3892&sort=&pagenum=3&yrstart=1969&y rend=2009
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-22-2008, 5:02 PM Reply   
Parts aren't hard to come by
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-22-2008, 7:19 PM Reply   
no no whole boat was a soft yellow.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-22-2008, 8:20 PM Reply   
got a link to it? or name of place?
Old     (zorro)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-22-2008, 10:14 PM Reply   
I just sold mine. I had a '91 (used it for four years) and all what I can say is that it is an incredible boat for slalom skiing. As far as wakeboarding is concerned, it took a lot of weight to get a decent wake, but for my needs was really OK. What was not OK was that with all that weight the boat sat really low (it is already pretty low on the water) and using it on the sea was not the best idea.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-23-2008, 8:24 AM Reply   
Sitting on the front lawn of a guy who always seems to have a boat for sale.

It's sitting on a trailer with a cover on, with one of those "for sale" signs on it. Drove past it on the weekend.

Never cared to stop as I am not shopping for a boat.
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-23-2008, 11:35 AM Reply   
Hey Greg, thats literally 2 minutes before my turn off for my cottage on couch.

That boat is actually a late 70's celeberity i believe, and he was looking for $11,000 or something like that, a little old not very ideal, it doesnt even have a swim deck.

I really need to make up my mind if i shoudl just get my new bu or something used for now, ive been way to indecisive.

thanks for the heads up though, you know you still owe me a pull behind that x-star!!
Old     (vguy75)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-23-2008, 4:24 PM Reply   
Is it a Century Resorter?
Is this it by any chance?
http://www.adpost.com/ca/boats/1108/

I've wondered what the ski/wakeboard wake would be like behind one of them... probably would throw a half-decent wake based on the v-shape hull, but then again it might wash over like a deep-vee i/o.
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-23-2008, 4:33 PM Reply   
thats the one!!!, i thought the same about the wake due to the deep hull. but still an old boat i guess and the no swim deck turned me off, that and i thougth for the same price i could get a sweet naughty 2001.
Old     (vguy75)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-23-2008, 4:57 PM Reply   
Yeah, one of the problems with old Century's is the price... they're starting to become collectible and the prices are slowly going up. There are a few good pics of them here... http://www.forestportboatco.com/resorter.htm

I saw the following boat in Clayton, NY last summer when I was passing through and it was pretty sweet...
http://www.antiqueboatamerica.com/ab_list_boatNew.asp?Left=ForSale&Type=ViewBoat&Boa tId=27420

Anyway, I'm curious to see who else says anything about Prostar 190's b/c I've been debating about getting one instead of a Supra Sunsport / Marauder in order to avoid the whole rotten stringer/soft floor issue. You might want to check out www.tmcowners.com if you haven't posted there yet.

Cheers,
Jaak
Old    alanp            09-23-2008, 8:54 PM Reply   
chase stay away from that boat. the sides are really short. you have to load the boat down with tons of weight for the wake to even be rideable(not even good) and the boat will ride just above the rub rail. i owned one. worst purchase ever