Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-19-2008, 6:09 AM Reply   
What's the deal with the slippery footbed?! Has anyone done anything about this that owns these bindings?

I didn't have a chance to demo these on the water, but they felt great the times I've tried them on in the stores. I got my pair this week and finally got to ride them last night. I could not believe Hyperlite would release these bindings with a footbed like that. Once it got wet my feet were sliding all over the place and slamming my toes into the front of the binding. So any suggestions on a modification to the footbed or should I just send them back? The rest of the binding was great.

I've tried on almost every other '08 binding out there and I liked these at the Watson's the best. The deal breaker on the Watson's was having to of ridden a narrower stance because of how their small plates fit on my '07 Transcend. Bummer.
Old     (eyedvride)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-19-2008, 6:17 AM Reply   
I feel ya. I never got to try them in the water and they are a definite let down. I even went with the Byerly version on the rec of our local pro. The foot bed is terrible, hard, slippery. I thought about taking it out completely and putting my Slingshot liners in them to see if that would be better.

Not only the foot bed is terrible, but if you land and your foot slides sideways it pushes the side of the binding from the foot bed and your foot gets pinched in there. This is why everyone has been wearing socks with them. I just think it is ridiculous to have to put on socks to wakeboard, that's what I have snowboarding for.

I think I am going to pick up the Watson ct myself. New Marek looks pretty damn good though.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-19-2008, 8:57 AM Reply   
.....first did you put the insert in?.....under the footbed not on top. It sounds like your bindings are a little big...so try that first. Then put on a nice pair of socks....I use regular black work socks.
..see what that does

also I have no slipping issues even without socks.....but mine fit very snug.

(Message edited by absoluteboarder on September 19, 2008)
Old     (wvboard)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-19-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
If your sliding around in it, tighten it up and put in the foot bed insert. If it fits properly you wont slide around. I put the lower draw string as tight as it will go but still be comfortable and have never had my toes hit the front or had to do anything like "wear socks"
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-19-2008, 4:41 PM Reply   
Well, I don't think it has anything to do with the bindings not being tight enough. I like mine as tight as they will go. I'm coming from the '05 Murray bindings and even though I wear a size 8.5 shoes I bought the smalls (fit size 5-7) because I like them tight.

So I have the size 8's in the 2008's but that footbed is just crazy slippery. I guess they're either going back to the shop (at a small loss to me) or I'm going for the socks! As is they are absolutely terrible.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-20-2008, 10:56 AM Reply   
08 Murray bindings did not work for me nor did the Byerly,s I felt like Frankenstein with a wakeboard. I too like my bindings tight but the foot bed was so large, my feet would move around way to much causing an uneven stance on the board. The tongue was too stiff as well.
I went with LF Shanes instead with no regrets.
Love Hyperlite products and warranty but had no choice at the time.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-22-2008, 6:39 AM Reply   
I tried the bindings again this past weekend...with socks! My crew was definitley giving me a hard time for looking like a dork but it solved my binding slipping problems. That being said, I don't know that I want to have to rock socks every time. I guess I better make a decision soon if I want to send them back or try to make some type of modification to the footbed.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-22-2008, 10:39 PM Reply   
I rode the '08 murrays and had no problem. I wear a size 9.5 shoe so I used the size 8 bindings. no socks, no problems. I am used to snowboarding where you size your boots super tight so that your toes go numb for the first 10 times you use them. when they pack out, they are perfect for the rest of the season. I did the same with my ronix cells, and next year I will do the same with the '09 murrays.

if you size them to be comfortable in the wake shop, you will be severely disappointed once you get them on water a few times.
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-22-2008, 10:49 PM Reply   
mine fit me really snug and i crank them down as tight as i can get em but that's how i like to ride them and even when there loose i have no slipping issues idk maybe it's just me lol.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-23-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
If it makes you feel any better, Murray rides them with socks