Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-17-2008, 8:28 PM Reply   
I have a 08 centurion enzo and the paddle wheel is about a half inch off one of the bunks. So When you launch or load the wheel hits the bunk and bends the pin. Any ideas to fix this? I was told centurion would not warranty it?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-17-2008, 8:43 PM Reply   
Realign your bunks? Better yet, have your dealer realign them.
Or get some measurements from other Enzo owners who can tell you the position of the bunks on their own trailer..... then compare that to yours.

(Message edited by bill_airjunky on September 17, 2008)
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-17-2008, 8:46 PM Reply   
That is bogus. Sounds like whoever made the trailer F'd up. What kind of trailer is it? Did Centurion put the PP in or did your dealer? That has to be a pain in the butt if you have to load it on your trailer perfect every time.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-17-2008, 10:01 PM Reply   
All good questions here is another depending on where in the country you are located depends on what brand the trailer is. The east Coast plant uses Boatmate trailers. The west coast plant and mores specifically Kal Kustom ( the West Coast distributor )uses VM trailers. Unless the dealer put the boat on different trailer. In any case this is a Trailer Manufacturer warranty issue. Contact them directly.

Moving the bunks over a couple inches would be a pretty easy job any more than that and you would be involving a torch, welding, and paint
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-17-2008, 10:58 PM Reply   
Who installed the paddle wheel is the first question to ask? Manufacturer, dealer, or self installed?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-18-2008, 4:58 AM Reply   
The trailer should have been built to fit the boat, not the other way around. Did you boat come as a package deal from Centurion, or does you dealer buy the trailer himself. Either way, the dealer should fix the bunk, and then submit a warranty claim to who ever he bought the trailer from.
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-18-2008, 5:18 PM Reply   
Everything is from the factory. I beleive the company is sport boats trailers? Does that sound right. We contacted the trailer company and they sent us some shims to raise the outside bunks. To me that wont solve the problem. To bad the dealer just went out of buisness. I now have no dealer in arizona to go to.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-18-2008, 5:25 PM Reply   
Sounds like a paddle wheel was installed in the wrong spot not a trailer manufacturer issue...
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-18-2008, 5:28 PM Reply   
Bob Kehl at Sport Boat Trailers - Good Luck with him
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-18-2008, 5:54 PM Reply   
I'm with Sparky the paddle wheel is located incorrectly.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-18-2008, 6:36 PM Reply   
Well it is not from the east coast plant for sure.
I am pretty sure that Kal Kustom uses VM trailers...but I could be wrong about that.
Why is the paddle wheel in the wrong spot and not the trailer bunk?
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-18-2008, 9:19 PM Reply   
Because the paddle wheel should have been installed closer to the centerline of the boat. You still should be able to move the bunks to avoid bending the pin or possibly tighten up the guide-on posts.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-18-2008, 10:03 PM Reply   
True enough but you could also say Centurion uses a jig to install the paddle wheel and it is in the right place and the bunks where installed to close to the paddle wheel.

I would just unbolt the bunks and move them over are far as I could
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-18-2008, 10:10 PM Reply   
The bottom line is the boat is built. And the guy already said his dealer is out of the picture. So how does he fix the situation?

Move the bunks seems like the easiest method we've talked about so far. Even if the trailer has to be re-engineered, I have to think that would be easier than patching the hull & moving the paddle wheel.

So anyone here with an 08 Enzo that can help this guy with some pics & dimensions of their trailer bunks?

Hey Ryan,
Maybe you can contact another Centurion dealer who could get you those pics & dimensions?

(Message edited by bill_airjunky on September 18, 2008)
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-18-2008, 10:32 PM Reply   
there are 4 Enzos which one do you have
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-19-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
those should be tiny screws, marine tex would fix those in minutes (provided there's enough slack in the wire to move the paddlewheel over). easier than the cut, weld, paint plan for the trailer.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-19-2008, 3:56 PM Reply   
The paddle wheel is a Very large whole in the bottom of the boat 2", 2 1/2" something like that
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-19-2008, 6:14 PM Reply   
What about chines on the bottom of the hull? Do these boats have any? It may not be as easy as just moving bunk boards.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-19-2008, 8:17 PM Reply   
No chines on the bottom of a Centurion. Moving the paddle wheel is an extensive fiberglass repair task if you want the hole filled. I guess you could leave the hole in the boat and plug it with the plug that comes with the Perfect Pass for towing and repair and just install a new paddle wheel fitting in the desired location.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-22-2008, 7:54 AM Reply   
^^^^This is what most dealers do. It's very quick and easy.
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-22-2008, 9:23 AM Reply   
its the sv230.