Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-09-2008, 9:30 AM Reply   
I had a problem with my bow cushion sliding back on my 2008 V215 and collapsing, I called Scott Pelleton on his cell phone and he was more than happy to custom fabricate 4 parts to stop the problem!

You can't get much better customer service than that! Thanks for the help Scott!
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-09-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
Did you get resolution to the print through issue with your gelcoat?
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-09-2008, 11:02 AM Reply   
Just curious why not call your dealer?
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-09-2008, 11:30 AM Reply   
Meathead, we decided to leave it as is; as it is difficult to see, and Sanger indicated in writing that if something should arise they would take care of it for a lifetime.

Sam, I dealt with the dealer and they dealt with the Kal Kustoms warranty lady and she declined the claim, so I call Scott myself and explained the situation and he understood and said he would take care of it by fabricating some parts and having the dealer install them under warranty.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-09-2008, 11:58 AM Reply   
Win-Win situation it seems, Good on them.
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-09-2008, 12:13 PM Reply   
Steve, post up some pictures of your new badboy! I want to see what replaced the Supreme. Cheers
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-09-2008, 12:59 PM Reply   
Wow, you would think there warranty department would be terrible because it never gets used. Sangers never break down! Ha ha
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-09-2008, 1:59 PM Reply   
Yeah, their like the Maytag man over there in the warranty department.
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-09-2008, 11:29 PM Reply   
Wellman can you post some pics of the bow filler cushion fix. I have the same problem with mine and did not know what to do. I also have a problem with my bimini boot leaving black marks on the yellow parts of my bimini. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had problems with this.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-10-2008, 5:47 AM Reply   
Actually, it sounds like their warranty department told you to pound sand and you'd have been screwed if you didn't have one of the company exec's personal phone numbers. Am I missing something?
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-10-2008, 7:07 AM Reply   
^^^If you frequent this sight, and own a boat you should have someone at "corporate" that can help you out from time to time.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-10-2008, 7:12 AM Reply   
Stanfield, it was Kal Kustoms that said pound sand so Sanger made it right. Scott Pelleton runs Sanger not Kal Kustoms.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-10-2008, 8:06 AM Reply   
Sanger was great! I didn't get the answer I felt I should have from the warranty manager at Kal Kustoms through my dealer, so I called and asked for Scott.

He was not in so they gave me his cell phone number and office number; I called his cell phone and explained my problem and he returned my call within a day and discussed solutions. He indicated he would have some small parts fabricated up to hold the bow filler cushion in place.

Now that's customer service. Period.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-10-2008, 8:28 AM Reply   
So who is Kal Kustoms and how do they fit into the picture?
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-10-2008, 8:35 AM Reply   
They are the distributor for Sanger.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-10-2008, 8:38 AM Reply   
Okay, the facts:

Scott Pellaton works for Kal Kustom. He is the top dog that handles the Sanger business.

Kal Kustom does NOT own Sanger, but they have the exclusive rights to distribute them, and handle marketing and warranty. You want a Sanger, you buy it from a dealer who bought it from Kal Kustom.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-10-2008, 8:59 AM Reply   
Karl Koster
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-10-2008, 9:02 AM Reply   
someone can correct me if I am wrong but isn't Kal Kustoms also the West Coast distributor for Mercruiser, Centurion and V M. I know he also has a hand in Supreme. Is his Daughter running Supreme? I think they also bought the Blue Water/Reinell plant in Salem or at the very minimum are the distributor for them.

(Message edited by polarbill on September 10, 2008)
Old    stillstandin            09-10-2008, 9:03 AM Reply   
I had a similar experience with a slight tear in my back seat. Scott Pellaton, and Sanger went above and beyond to make sure it was taken care of. When this boat is done, I will def. be getting another Sanger based on my experience.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-10-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
I'm all over a V237 next time around I know I can a few more frills on a Malibu but I love Sanger and their business philosophy.