Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-05-2008, 8:05 AM Reply   
I want to install my tower speakers, any tips for running the wire? also, I have 2 amps, do I just use a standard connector and connect the one deck wire on one side and both amp remote wires on the other, or should there be another wire out of the amp? or maybe run the remote from the deck to one amp, from that amp to the other? any help would be appreciated. thanks
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       09-05-2008, 8:09 AM Reply   
IN terms of the remote power turn-on wire, you can run that from the deck to amp1, then to amp2.

I don't understand what you're asking in the other question - could you elaborate? Which connector and to do what with?
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-05-2008, 8:26 AM Reply   
I think you covered it. I am just asking about the blue remote wire. The wire from the deck is only 8 inches or so, so i need to add more blue wire, the connector I was referring to is your typical wire connector to splice 2 pieces together.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-05-2008, 8:53 AM Reply   
It's perfectly ok, and easier, to run the REM from the H/U to the 1st amp, and then daisy-chain another wire from there to the 2nd amp.

Do a search for some pics on how other with the same tower have fished the wires. Some tower the wires can be totally hidden, some are only seen at the speakers, some, the wires have to jump in and out of the tower around joints and mounts. Every tower design is different.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-05-2008, 5:28 PM Reply   
can anyone help with info for deck install? I've done this a number of times in a car, but I've always just matched up wire colors. I just went to install my cd in my boat and they guy before me had a the "constant" and the "lead" spliced together and it all fed to the battery. that's why my boat always died evidently. where is a good place to connect the lead wire to?
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-05-2008, 5:36 PM Reply   
one more thing...does the constant (memory) wire do any good if turn my batteries off when done? also, i was just reading about the lead wire being connected to accessory 12v, but then the radio is on switch...is that normal or is there a way to connect it so it turns on when you start the boat? thanks.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-05-2008, 6:37 PM Reply   
okay i lied, one more issue...I just tried to hook up the amp to test the amp and speakers. It popped and smoked. I just hooked power to pos batt, and ground to neg batt. remote to deck. what did I do wrong?
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       09-05-2008, 6:58 PM Reply   
Popped and smoked is never good with an amp. It doesn't seem like what you did should have caused that. did you have speakers hooked up at the time?
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       09-05-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
Is the popping your reffering to the sound of the ground or power wire touchin and causin a spark? that can cause a small amount of smoke. if the amp itself was smoking and the pop came from inside the amp that's not good. if it came from the connection you should be ok...check the fuse, that pop might have been the fuse blowing.

also as far as the remote wire, if I were you I'd run the amps remote wire to a switch on your dash (if you have a free one) so you can turn it off and on as you want. same for the "lead" wire to your cd player. that would get rid of the battery drain. does the same as connecting to an acc but gives you the option of turning it off or on when your boat is running or off.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-05-2008, 8:15 PM Reply   
speakers weren't hooked up yet. the popping was separate from the sparking. It sparked when I touched the terminal, then the amp popped twice before I removed from the negative terminal. the fuse appears to be mangled, but not broken. But it was still smoking from the amp...weird. i tried my other 2 amps. One, works perfect. The other, I couldn't get sound out of it, but it was turning on and off and got really hot. hmm? any suggestions. The power light would come on bright, slowly fade away, then come back on bright, then slowly fade away. There was no indication what size fuse to use so I just though in a 25, could that have been the prob? its only a 400 watt amp.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-05-2008, 9:51 PM Reply   
the amp that I have working fine has 2 sets or rca inputs, do I just run one set from the deck then a splitter at the amp? do I lose any noticeable quality when splitting?
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-09-2008, 8:20 AM Reply   
almost done. does anyone know on an older boat where I would tap into illumination circuit for my marine remote. would this just be the lights? can i hook it up to always be on when the stereo is on or will that draw too much if the boat isn't running?

Or is it even necessary, can I just hook up the cable and call it good and not worry about the light? do I still need to ground? thanks
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-09-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
so i haven't figured out the illumination for my clarion remote yet, but my "play/pause/mute" function only mutes. It's supposed to "mute" in radio mode. and "play/pause" in cd mode, but it only mutes. any suggestions?