Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (mattjj23)      Join Date: May 2008       08-23-2008, 8:13 PM Reply   
What is the best thing to use to get waterspots out of a black boat? I have used vinegar and I have tried waxing it with an orbital buffer but have not had any luck, your ideas please?
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-23-2008, 9:12 PM Reply   
i have been using KABOOM for years and have not had any issues with the gel coat. Get it at walmart in the cleaning area..... wash boat, get a clean towel and spray the spots, wipes off instantly.... then i wax the boat after that
Old     (enzosurfer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-23-2008, 9:18 PM Reply   
Babes Spot Solver, works fast and easy on the worst hard water spots.
Old     (kdsuprassv)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-24-2008, 6:46 AM Reply   
I wipe mine down before I ever leave the ramp. Then if there are any residual water spots....I use the 50/50 vinegar/water mixture and mine stays spot free. My experience has been that the longer you wait to clean...the harder it is to get the water spots off.
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-24-2008, 8:17 AM Reply   
never leave the ramp without wiping it down... have all the peeps grab a towel and start wiping.. also when wiping i use meguires spray detailer.. it helps
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-24-2008, 12:47 PM Reply   
everything 04GG said: never leave the ramp without a wipedown. I use Maguires quick mist detailer and sometimes wax-as-u-dry. Water and vinegar is much cheaper.

Babes or maguires hardwater spot remover for the times you neglect that wipedown. Wax when you are done.

If no babes around, use an automotive liquid polish. Wax when done.

I just waxed my boat and couldn't tell the difference from the side when I use the quick detailer or wax-as-u-dry stuff.
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-24-2008, 5:35 PM Reply   
I have always used Ducky with great results. I just bought a bunch of surplus bottles from my local shop. $12 shipped anywhere in the US to anyone that wants a bottle.
Old     (tazz3069)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-24-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
I always use Hot Sauce by Boatbling.com. Picked up a few bottles at the last boat show. It works awesome. I also have a black boat. When it comes out of the water, the entire crew grabs towel and hot sauce and cleans the boat. My boat is almost two years old and it still looks brand new.
Old     (the_right_kind)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-24-2008, 9:19 PM Reply   
We have a black and silver waverunner. My brother-in-law returned it with some wicked water spots on it from a week on Lake Powell. Baked on hard water.
I tried everything you have all recomened above and the spots would not come off. Then I remembered reading here on WW guys using muriatic acid. I figured I had nothing to lose it looked like sheet the way it is. Unbeleviable how well the acid and water worked. I used it on the gelcoat, plastic, mirrors and chrome. As soon as the solution hit the surface the spots were gone and the shine came back. Rinse and re-waxed and it looks like new again.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-25-2008, 7:33 AM Reply   
You should see how black looks with dried salt spray. Black looks great but its too hot and hard to keep clean for my liking. I'll stick with my boring mostly white hull although I've seen some beautiful metal flake mastercraft hulls recently.
Old    pdxWAKE            08-25-2008, 8:06 AM Reply   
Meguiars Water Spot Remover works on the toughest spots too. Follow the directions and use some elbow grease. Don't forget to wax afterwards no matter which of these applications you use.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-25-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
Boat Bling Hot Sauce, Done...
Old     (mattjj23)      Join Date: May 2008       08-25-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
I ordered some boat bling hot sauce, hopefully this will work. Thanks for all your input