Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-04-2008, 8:55 PM Reply   
what tricks do you need doing into jr mens? would i do good with a...
whirly, moby dick, kgb, melon crowmobe, tootsie roll, kgb, tantrum2blind, roll2blind, heel 5, toe 5, switch heel 5, back 5, hoochie krypt, ohh, cab glides, batwings, ohh, frontflip and tantrum 2fakie, cab roll, grabbed fives. almost whirly five pete rose and toe 7. what tricks am i missing that would help me do good in jr mens?
Old     (headhunter)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-05-2008, 4:56 AM Reply   
You should roll up to Nationals, and give it a shot. With those tricks you would do well.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-05-2008, 7:55 AM Reply   
I'd say if you can stomp that run you would stand on the podium in Jr Mens. Hows your rail riding?
Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-05-2008, 8:02 AM Reply   
yah rail riding is good i have a lot of experience on rails and the transfer box and stuff. i am currently injured but i will be riding in jr mens next year. do you guys like the pwt or wwa better?
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-05-2008, 9:51 AM Reply   
depends on how consistent you are... plus you need to have atleast one 7 to really have a chance at the podium these days, even in Jr. Mens.

I know a lot of people who can kill it on the water freeriding. Riding comps is an entirely different ball game. Is that a list of the things you have landed or that you consistently land?

What part of Norman do you ride on? I make it up there every now and then...
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-05-2008, 11:07 AM Reply   
I agree that you'll need at least one 7, but other than that, you'll compete for sure.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-05-2008, 12:29 PM Reply   
He has toe 7 listed at the end....
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-05-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
he has toe 7 as "almost"....he better have it on lock if he wants to compete....i'm just sayin'...
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-05-2008, 1:45 PM Reply   
You could have all the tricks in the world but if you cant throw a pass with sliders mixed in and stomp it every time then you wont make it very far. Contest riding at that level is a lot more then just tricks. If you cant link them consistently you wont get very far.
Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-05-2008, 1:47 PM Reply   
most of the tricks are consistant. but i ride all over lake norman but mostly close to the rusty rudder. im really pissed i cant ride right now to prepare for jr mens but theres nothing i can do about it.