Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-15-2008, 1:29 PM Reply   
I ride the new vantage bindings and looooove them. so easy to get in and ride, super comfy with good hold. i just recently found out that melissa is the one who came out with the design for the binding and that her 08s use the design...are they the same boot just sized for women? any girls have any imput on them?

a side question: about when does 08 stuff go on sale to make room for 09 stuff? is it around christmas or in a couple of months?
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-15-2008, 2:34 PM Reply   
my wife has them, she loves them. easy and quick to get in and out of and apparently pretty comfy
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-15-2008, 4:29 PM Reply   
thanks trapper...anyone else?
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-15-2008, 6:18 PM Reply   
IMHO Melissas gear is the best womens gear in all of wakeboarding and I love to ride my girls Melissa board it's awesome. She has the 07 bindings and 08 board. All of LF's bindings are SO incredible. 07s are awesome 08s are even a lil bit better. Best I've ever felt.

AS far as I know the bindings are NOT just sized for women. They have a lower and wider calf and a little less forward lean. The footbeds are cushier. The boards have a softer flex pattern and all the high performance features that my 07 Watson has like rounded edge in middle of heel/toeside, big spine to break landings, similar fin patterns (hers are different tho) and hers is lighter. Her bindings are softer and flex more.

Seriously highly recommended I cannot say enough. :-)
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-15-2008, 6:19 PM Reply   
If anyone from LF or any board lifestyle is listening STOP MAKING PINK GIRLS GEAR!!!!!! :-)
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-15-2008, 7:08 PM Reply   
I saw a guy at the Lake Powell Bro-Stock that had the limited Melissa boots (gold) on his board to match his gear. all his gear was yellow, or some other color close to yellow. pretty cool actually when i saw his set-up
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-15-2008, 8:09 PM Reply   
If anyone from LF or any board lifestyle is listening STOP MAKING PINK GIRLS GEAR!!!!!! :-)
Old     (wakesheazy)      Join Date: Nov 2006 Location: Irvine, California       07-16-2008, 12:17 AM Reply   
I have a super narrow size 7 foot. In comparison to the Melissas', I prefer a looser hold on my feet. Eventhough my feet are relatively small, I've been very happy with my small sized '07 Watsons. Like you mentioned, I love the ease of getting in and out of the Melissa bindings, but I'm not certain if it's mens' bindings and/or the lace-up factor that has me sold... I'm actually in the the process of trying to figure that out now.

I don't agree that girls' bindings are 'cushier' than guys. I would definitely say they are cut differently, and are made to hold a more narrow foot snug...but that's about the end of the noticeable difference for me. I'm just glad they've finally gotten away from the pastel colors for females. I highly doubt they'll ever completely quit making pink gear for gals. As much as I personally despise pink, there are too many pink-aholic ladies out there.
Old     (pvsawyer)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-16-2008, 7:52 PM Reply   
I started the year with the '08 Melissa's and did not have a good experience with them. While they fit nicely and were super comfortable, it only took about 3 months before the velcro lost all of it's stick. I traded them in for Amber's bindings (which are fantastic by the way). Soooo....if you ride a lot I suggest getting bindings with laces not velcro.
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-16-2008, 7:58 PM Reply   
they have cheap bindings on redtagsports.com today
Old     (nvboarder)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-16-2008, 10:05 PM Reply   
My girl friend is riding the Melissa 08 boots and love them, she is good and secure in them and they are very comfortable. The velcro looks like it should last for a long time. I would recommend them for your girl. Yes according to the rep I talked to Melissa designed the boots and the men stumbled across them and like them which is where the Vantage boots came from.
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-16-2008, 10:14 PM Reply   
i ride the vantage and havent had a problem with the velcro yet...plus the pro shop i bought them from said its covered under the warranty so im cool with the velcro instead of laces

thanks for all the input guys! (i did see the redtagsports.com deal today...ridiculously cheap! but i want the 08's...but man anyone lookin thats a steal)