Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-16-2008, 4:30 PM Reply   
Hello -

Thanks everyone, for all the help you've given me in the past. I tried searching for this, but most of you know how that goes.

Anyway, I'm about to have Midwest Mastercraft put ballast in my 99xtar. You know the hull - 205v/old xstar/old x2/now x1. It currently has no stock ballast at all. I've been talking to Mark at Midwest MC, and he's been very helpful. He is currently trying to track down other 205v customers that they have done it for in the past for me to check out.

The issue I'm facing is this - Currently, I am filling a 550 sac on each side of the engine, and a 1,000 sac in the bow. Mark is talking about putting a 750 sac on each side of the engine and a 400 sac in the center ski locker. He says this is the stock system that MC has gone with, so I'm assuming many of you have the same setup. Compared to what I have running, it sounds extremely back heavy. I understand that MC might be worried about bow heavy boats and water coming over the front, but I'm worried about a good wake.

Mark has said that he can modify as much as there is room for sacs, so I'm wondering what you guys have done in the old xstar hull to get an awesome wake at the flip of a switch.

Your help is greatly appreciated as this is a large investment for me.

Thanks Again!
Old    K.B.C.            06-16-2008, 4:45 PM Reply   
stock is only like 250 in each rear locker. a lot of people run the 750s. You can use them, but you'll also need more weight in the bow.

My Friend's-
750s-rear
300 ski locker
Integrated bow sac-bow
400 sac-walkway
500 Lead-bow
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-16-2008, 5:43 PM Reply   
Thanks Scott.

My goal is to make so that I don't really have to pump anything manually. I'm open to using lead, but would rather not. Is his integrated bow sac hooked up to the auto, or does he pump that with a pump/hose? Where is he putting the lead? On the seats?

I'm hoping to make seating available in the bow.

I'm not sure if what I'm asking for is possible, but I'd like to get close to it. Mainly, I want to make as much as I can doable by pushing a button.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-16-2008, 6:30 PM Reply   
Setup in my 05x2

Flyhigh vdrive sacs rear=460lbs each
Ski locker=300
Integrated bow sac filled on top of custom made bow platform=650
200lbs of popbags=80 in the rear/120 in bow

Grand total of 2030lbs.
This hull really likes a 50/50 split. I think 750s in the rear are overkill unless you want the extra weight to surf.Just my 2cents.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-16-2008, 7:06 PM Reply   
Thanks Steve.

Yeah, I'm thinking the 550's in the rear are probably enough for me. I'm looking at the FlyHigh integrated bow sac that is listed at 650 on their site. Will that fit under the seats of this hull?
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-16-2008, 7:20 PM Reply   
Jeff,

I'm in Blaine, MN. I did my system myself with 750's in the back. If you ever want to surf, you will be glad you have 750's. I also have a tube sac in the locker and an integrated bow sac in the front. If you fill everything up full and people are sitting in the back it's pretty tail heavy and there is a huge steep wake, which some people like. What I often do is leave the 750's about 1/2 to 3/4 full for a good balance. I would get the 750's so the potential is there if you want it. Also, if you really wanted to fill it all up you could always put a sac in the walkway up front like a lot of people do which should balance it out.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-16-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
Thanks Erik, good point about getting the 750's and not fill to full potential, but having the option.

So is your integrated bow sac filled automatically? Or, are you filling that manually with a pump/hose?
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-16-2008, 8:14 PM Reply   
Jeff, I also have the 750's in the rear, 300 ski locker, and the integrated bow sac under the seats...every sac is on it's own pump/switch.

for the first few weeks of the season i was riding with the 750's in the rear, the 300 ski locker, and an 1100 bow wedge (left the integrated one empty). for the last month and a half i've been riding with every thing above, but have added a 620 pound fatty in the rear, and also been using the 350 in the integrated bow sac. soon i plan on stepping it up and adding another 620 pounder.

FYI...you will not be able to get the integrated bow sac completely full...i estimate mine to be at about 350 or so. it does fit nicely under the seats. to answer your question above...yes, it fits under the seats.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-16-2008, 8:19 PM Reply   
Jeff, the integrated bow sac only holds around 250lbs if you use it under the bow cushions. I took a 3/4 sheet of plywood and cut it to fit in the entire bow area then carpeted it. I pull all the bow cushions out and lay the board in and fill the integrated sac on top of the board. I fill it with a pump and hose,its done by the time the other 3 sacs are filling off the jabsco pumps.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-16-2008, 8:21 PM Reply   
Thanks Jay. I think my best bet is to just come take a look at yours and see if I want to make it happen. Did you get it done at Midwest?
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-16-2008, 8:26 PM Reply   
jeff, i plan on riding every night this week. i'll send you an email.