Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-04-2008, 9:18 AM Reply   
Well I am in search of a new set of bindings and possibly a new board. Was at the local dealer who carries Slingshot, Liquid Force, Ronix and Gator.

I must say I was super impressed with the Gator boards new bindings. They seemed to have picked that dept up tenfold what their bindings used to be. Just wonndering since they are a whole new setup how they seem to be holding up. Specifically the Gonzalez or the Gators.

Also wondering what the takes are on the Prospect VS he Ricky G. I don't charge the wake hard and am a more load and release invert guy with 0 raleys and a hand full of inverts. I was leaning prospect. I wil be demoing in a few weeks with some results but just curious what everyone else is saying.
Old     (kylerattray)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-04-2008, 3:51 PM Reply   
Hey man,
I'm stoked your looking at the prospect! I ride that board and its killer. I'm 2 weeks back in to hard riding from having ACL sergery in sept, and this board is working so awesome. All i can do right now is go wake to wake. I love this board because its fast into the wake with tons of pop. it takes very little effort to get pop off the wake and make alot of tricks feel alot easier. If you have a chance to demo it the the Rick G you def should! Let me know what you think once you've rode it!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-04-2008, 7:22 PM Reply   
Kyle,
I mysef am coming off the terrible triad that i did in August last year. ACL MCL & Meniscus so I feel your pain. Gonna take my first set on the weekend of the 17th and just looking for some boards to demo.
Old     (bhog)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-04-2008, 7:53 PM Reply   
Kyle I met you at the Fort Worth boat show this year. I finally demo the prospect and really liked it. I felt it really tracked well into the wake when on edge. Tons of POP! The only negitive thing is its a little heavy. However you dont notice that when riding it. I am going to demo it one more time and prob buy it. O yeah and the graphics are SICK
Old     (badassstang2006)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-04-2008, 7:58 PM Reply   
hey man i ride all gator now, a buddy of mine is a dealer and all there stuff is some of the best. we have gotten alot of my friends to switch to it. def try out there stuff if you gert a change and the bindings are AMAZING
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-04-2008, 8:00 PM Reply   
Kyle,

Is that board wider than the rest of the line? Only saw it in the rack but looks wide.

(Message edited by xstarrider on May 04, 2008)
Old     (kylerattray)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-04-2008, 8:02 PM Reply   
Goodluck with the first set back. the hardest thing i'm dealing with in convincing my mind that my knee is ok. Its alot harder to mentally commit then it is to actually do the tricks it feels like.

I have the same complaint with my board, it is a little heavy. I ride it with the ricky G bindings,their super light and don't add much weight to the board. Were working on fixing that "issue" for next year. Glad your into the board!
Old     (badassstang2006)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-04-2008, 8:04 PM Reply   
hey kyle did your ricky g bindings ever hurt your feet?
Old     (kylerattray)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-04-2008, 8:05 PM Reply   
Yes the board is an inch wider that the rest of the line. I'm pretty much 6 ft tall, and having a wider board makes landing ALOT more stable. The first set i took on it i could feel right away how much more board i had to land on! the board rules!
Old     (kylerattray)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-04-2008, 8:08 PM Reply   
every pair of boots i've ever had have hurt my feet the first set or two. With ricky's boots I feel there "broken" in after 2 sets. After the boot breaks into your foot a bit there money. i love them, how long have you had your pair?
Old     (badassstang2006)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-04-2008, 8:10 PM Reply   
ive been riding them since early march a few times here in there, i have really started to like the gator boots but i like how the ricky g's arent so big feeling, ill just stick with them and see where i get with them.
Old     (kylerattray)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-04-2008, 8:16 PM Reply   
the only thing i could say if there hurting your feet after a month or two is maybe there one size too small? with closed tow bindings your gotta be pretty spot on your size?
Old     (badassstang2006)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-04-2008, 8:19 PM Reply   
ya i got the 12/13s so i dont know, i think i just need to try them out one whole weekend and see. have you got on the Gator board yet, we have them on order and are waiting for them to come in. are they all there suppose to be cut out to
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-04-2008, 10:04 PM Reply   
I got to demo the prospect 137 a week ago and it was just not for me unfortunately. I wanted it to be because the graphics are the sickest out of all the boards out right now but it just tracked to crazy for me. I love a board on the virge of being finless and this board edged like no other. I actually got denied on a surface 180 when i first got up and didnt have a feel for it. If you like a hard tracking board than it is for you though man.
Old     (62lincoln)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-05-2008, 11:01 AM Reply   
Hey Jason, thats awesome your riding my bindings, But i would have to agree with Kyle on if they are hurting you they might be to small, it does take a couple rides to break them in, You def. want to be comfortable though. I haven't rode the Prospect yet but I have heard a lot of positive feedback about it. If you or anyone gets a chance to demo either the Gonzales or the prospect I would take it. As long as your representing Gator Boards thats all that matters. Good Luck with everything.
Thanks
Ricky G.
Old     (funkyhomosapien)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-05-2008, 1:03 PM Reply   
Rode the new Harris 140 board today for the first time, fun. Explosive off the wake. Looking forward to riding the new RG. One is in the mail. The Gator line is where its at.
Old     (ldp_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-05-2008, 4:18 PM Reply   
I'm stoked about all the good comments regarding Gator Boards... I've got the Harris 140 coming anyday now. Valla con dios!
Old     (badassstang2006)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-05-2008, 9:39 PM Reply   
hey ricky, i rode your bored and loved it, its prolly my favorite board that i have rode out of all the gators. On the bindings i rode them all day today and i think they just werent fully broke in because they fit great today. thanks for the help but im curious, what are your Limited Editions going to look like?
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       05-06-2008, 5:30 AM Reply   
The prospect is a great board but a little heavy and I am not a fan of the graphics. I have never found a set of Gator bindings I like but everyone says the new ones are different. can anyone verify a major change in the new Gator bindings?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-06-2008, 6:22 AM Reply   
a wider board is what I'm looking for. GOT to give the prospect a ride.

Gene, Ricky's boot is all new for '08 in CT. Team looks good again.
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-13-2008, 7:19 PM Reply   
The new bindings are brand new from the ground up, the lightest bidnings gator has designed yet. Definitely check them out.