Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-19-2008, 1:20 PM Reply   
Since we got a new boat this fall, it's been hard to put in the garage. SO... We decided to turn a snowblower into a.. boat pusher? I don't know what to call it. Anyhow, I thought somebody might want to see these pics. Its a project in the making.

What it began as...
Upload
Upload

Auger and chute off...
Upload
Upload

The guard off...
Upload

The wheels we're going to put on it...
Upload

More pics to come!
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-19-2008, 2:59 PM Reply   
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Those blowers are classic, the guys on the OPE forum would have a heart attack
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-19-2008, 4:22 PM Reply   
There are snow blower forums?
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-19-2008, 10:04 PM Reply   
you said snow blower, huhuh
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-19-2008, 10:16 PM Reply   
general outdoor power equipment forums
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-19-2008, 10:25 PM Reply   
But I need that snow blower!!! It's either a snowblower or shovelling and that's work. Work is just like excercise. Well I need more excercise. Maybe I don't need the snowblower. Maybe I should just shovel. No! There is no motor on a shovel! I don't need a shovel. Maybe I could put a motor on a shovel. Yeah, it could be like a motorized snow shovel. Ok you can dismantle the snowblower. I'm all right now.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-19-2008, 11:14 PM Reply   
Good idea to use a snow blower. How much does your boat weigh?

I think it is better than having to plug in an extension cord like the Power Caster http://www.powercaster.com/products.html:

Upload

I really like the idea of this one but it is limited to 3000lbs http://www.eztug.com/secondlevels/video.shtml:

Upload

Keep us updated with pictures!!!
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-20-2008, 6:05 AM Reply   
That eztug thing is awesome. It would be sick if they made one beefy enough to move a bigger boat around.
Old     (mars)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-20-2008, 7:27 AM Reply   
powermover is another source. ones big enough for your average wakeboard boat will cost $1000 and they all pretty much work only on level hard surfaces as the wheels tend to be small and electric motors develop maximal torque on startup allowing them to lose traction on loose/slick surfaces and grades. the bigger ones can be tough to swivel and maneuver.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-20-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
Its time for someone to step up and make a version of the EZTUG that can move an X80. Promote it on Wakeworld and get rich.
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-20-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
Assuming this will have enough power, I think its a fairly good option, the whole project will likely cost around $100. I think our boat weighs roughly 3500 lbs. Not sure, though.

The reason we got it for $25 was it just stopped running, and taking the gas out to get it in the basement solved the problem- the gas was REALLY old, and had completely turned into varnish. So, off the tank comes for cleaning.
Upload

The mock-up of the front caster.
Upload

Now we just have to wait for it to get warm enough to weld.
Old     (point1234)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-22-2008, 3:30 PM Reply   
I took an old john deere riding lawn mower and welded a square receiver on the back, with a two inch ball and hitch. The only problem right now that I have is that the lawn mower does not have enough power to push the boat in reverse. So now I going to mount the hitch on the front and try it that way. I have to push the boat up a slight incline.