Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-19-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
I havnt checked the site recently till today and it looks like it is all up to date now even with a nice length video of the slingshot team riding. check it out here, good stuff
http://buyslingshotsports.com/wake/2008_wake_team_video.htm
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-19-2008, 10:38 AM Reply   
Wait a sec... i just realized that Collin Write isn't on the rider list anymore...??? What is up with that? Where did he go? That guy hops around like no other... I was kinda lookin' forward to seein his spins in the video... still good video though
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-19-2008, 11:08 AM Reply   
He's making his own boards now
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-19-2008, 11:11 AM Reply   
and whoa at Aubrey changing from LF
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-19-2008, 11:20 AM Reply   
And Heather Johnson switched from Hyperlite.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-19-2008, 2:41 PM Reply   
Sweet, Rhett Whatley is letting me demo his recoil this year. I'm so psyched to check out slingshot!

Just wondering, last summer I bought CT Watsons, and I was wondering how the flex will compare to the PB Floyds or D2s. Is it really gonna be worth me buying new boots? (assuming I got ended up buying a slingshot.)
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-19-2008, 9:16 PM Reply   
Brett, the new 08 slingshot boards let you use traditional binding set ups as well as theirs
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-19-2008, 9:31 PM Reply   
i think he is just debating if the preserved flex due to a less-broad binding plate (slingshot) will be worth the extra price of buying new boots vs just using the watsons...
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-20-2008, 11:36 AM Reply   
Jeremy is correct
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-20-2008, 11:58 AM Reply   
Brett B.~

I wanna guess that foot comfort/preference will come in as #1 then maybe flex preservation as #2. Have you tried the slingshot boots, specifically the '08 boots?

A lot of people complained about the '07 boots it seemed, but i thought they were GREAT... different, but great! (even the '07's) though i did mostly agree with the arguments about the laces, except for the ease of entry and exit argument. As long as the laces are loosened completely they are the EASIEST (maybe not the most fastest, but still fast once you get used to them)bindings to get into because the toe piece opens up real wide when the laces are loosened.
All of the problems with the laces have been solved for 2008. Lace dangle is solved with snaps instead of weak clips. If you don't like the interior lace system (I LOVE it) then you can remove it easily without using scissors.

ANYWAY, try out the 2008 boots first, if you like them, then i think it would be worth wile to get them eventually. The revolutionary plate that allows on-the-fly angle adjustments and the fact that it is bolted down with 4 bolts instead of two is worth the switch alone as well as flex preservation
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-20-2008, 12:01 PM Reply   
I'll be riding whatever Rhett will lend me; and he may not have boots in my size. I'll probably be testing it sometime in late March or April and I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for all your help!