Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-26-2007, 2:37 PM Reply   
In the 3 yrs I have had my boat I have been to the delta maybe 3 times. I like the lakes and I felt they were a bit safer for my kids while learning to board. I am now looking to find places to ride at the delta that offer nice launch facilities,safe parking with asphalt preferably and nice water near by. I would be coming from Fremont so any advise would be appreciated. The only areas I have been to are lazy M and I think the other was called dales and as I remember those facilities were not all that great.
Old     (4cents)      Join Date: May 2007       08-26-2007, 2:58 PM Reply   
Try Whiskey Slough Marina. www.whiskeyslough.com number is 925-260-0797. I just started storing my boat there as RVX in Dublin skewed me and others. i am hopeful these guys are good, just to far away from home.
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-26-2007, 3:14 PM Reply   
We live in Dublin and launch out of River's End in Byron. We have never had any problems there.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       08-26-2007, 3:42 PM Reply   
dales maybe you mean dels? if so thats now rivers end. the only facility i now of with asphalt parking would be discovery bay but you pay double any the surounding areas to launch there. also orwood is a really nice launch with a good restuarant just now asphalt parking
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-26-2007, 4:02 PM Reply   
Thanks Charlie. I thought I had messed the spelling up when I wrote it.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-26-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
dont know too much about the launch ramps but i like orwood a lot. Nice ramp, cheap and close to good water. you have to park in gravel i believe but it isnt that bad
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-26-2007, 7:19 PM Reply   
I would say the best ramp/facilities is the discovery bay marina with orwoods a close second. Launch fess at DB are $20 though.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-26-2007, 8:15 PM Reply   
B&W should fit your needs.
Old     (deltarat)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-26-2007, 11:47 PM Reply   
dos reis launch ramp in lathrop is nice. a little farther than disco or orwood but it's not as crowded. to the south of the dos reis there are some nice beaches and to the north there is a cool little bar and grill(haven acres). if you decide to try dos reis let me know. we live on the water just minutes from there and i would be happy to meet you at ramp and show you around the area.
Old    elicitwake            08-27-2007, 7:23 AM Reply   
Ione is nice.