Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-16-2007, 4:17 PM Reply   
Anybody ridng their gear?

Just curious as When I come back from my knee reconstruction I will be getting some new gear. Thought this stuff was pretty cool and sparked an interest.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-16-2007, 4:33 PM Reply   
I've ridden it a fair amount. It's good stuff but IMO unless you ride a real steep wake & have a good solid progressive edge they can be a bit lackluster. Off a steep wake the thing flies! The X-star should suffice...
Old     (billyjodonjimbo)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-16-2007, 4:41 PM Reply   
Don't mean to hijack, but does anyone no where I can demo slingshot gear in SoCal, preferably close to carlsbad?
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-16-2007, 7:27 PM Reply   
I have not been disappointed with the slingshot setup... steep and rampy wakes... great pop, soft landings...
Old     (bfwake)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-16-2007, 8:55 PM Reply   
Please consider this gear, it rocks. I think others will follow this path!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-16-2007, 9:04 PM Reply   
I would love to get my hands on one too, any local shops in Wisconsin getting their stuff, I have buying from online mega places
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-17-2007, 4:39 AM Reply   
A buddy of mine has been riding one the last couple of weeks. He says its very fast, after the first set he had to let out his rope by 10ft. But he is not getting the pop he used to, we expect that he just needs to learn the board. He has been doing tail presses out in the flats however.

The boots take him for-freaking-ever to get on and off, and the boards are drilled to only accept slingshot boots (big mistake imo). But I understand you can get a conversion plate that allows other boot types.
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-17-2007, 6:09 AM Reply   
The conversion plate does not really work for putting others boots on Slingshot boards. It will totally mess up the flex characteristics of the board. That's why the SS Driver boots have no plates.

The adaptor plate allows Slingshot boots to be ridden on other board brands. The Slingshot boots are a bit of a pain to get on and off but they are by far the best feeling boots that I have ever used. They feel like they were made custom for my feet. I also love my Recoil board.
Old     (morty)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-17-2007, 8:13 AM Reply   
The boots were a bit of a pain, but I shortened my two sets of outer laces and completely cut out the inner laces. Not only is it faster to get on, but I can also come out if I need to. Now my board is perfect, oh yeah I have the recoil 142, best board ever.
Old     (juiced4ever)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-17-2007, 10:31 AM Reply   
DO these bindings release on a bad fall or are you in for good like the old CD stuff?
Old     (elantz)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-17-2007, 3:02 PM Reply   
Pete - It depends on which laces you tighten and how much (3 sets of laces - Outer shell upper and lower, and one for the liner inside the shell). If you don't use or tighten the inside laces your foot can come out - usually with the liner still on your foot.
Old     (txrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-18-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
I cut out the inner laces as well and instead of having two outer laces I turned them into one lace. Now I'm in and out a lot quicker and can pop out of the binding in a bad fall. I keep switching between the recoil and response, the response is a lot quicker but the recoil has more vertical pop.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-18-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
I modified the laces as well. I tried the one lace thing but didnt like not being able to tighten down real good, so I just shortened all the laces by about 16 inches... So much nicer, now when/if the lace deal comes unhooked it doesnt flop under the board and the strings dont get all tangled up when not being used!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-18-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
Nick, we ride in Madison and Janesville WISCONSIN, we have both the recoil and the response if you want a demo would be happy to hook you up!
Old     (mark32)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-20-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
I have rode on both boards. they are very quick, very snappy, and hold an edge. At the same time great for sliders and they are built to last for ever.
The boots are tough to get in to once wet.
Old     (kevin_garduno)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-20-2007, 1:29 PM Reply   
Morty I miss you. Slingshot is amazing gear, find a way to ride it. The boots don't take that long to get on and off once you get used to them. Steve give me a call when you're headed down this direction. Aren't you coming sometime soon?
Old     (wakeless)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-20-2007, 1:31 PM Reply   
If your in Orlando check out Ski Worlds Sling shot demo's