Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-30-2007, 1:55 PM Reply   
Ok,

Just bought 07 Zeus off Buywake.com...I ordered the LE, and they sent me the regular, so I am already a bit pissed. So my feet are pretty much 13's, and I wore XL Hyperlite Murrays before, so I went ahead and ordered the (12-13) "XL" Zeus. I can't decide if they are too small or not. They fit tight, and feel pretty good, I just don't want my feet falling asleep.

According to the buywake site, I can only return if they are unused. So, I tried them on in the tub. I have attached a picture. From those of you who ride them, should my toes stick out this far? My right foot is also significantly longer than my left, so I shot the right.
Upload
Upload
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-30-2007, 2:12 PM Reply   
Garrett, first off, I understand your frustration getting the incorrect bindings. However, the guys at Buywake/Ambush are great and will take care of you ASAP, just give them a call. As for the binding size, if they feel pretty good now, just wait till you break them in a bit. I was actually at Ambush this morning and purchased a pair of the LE Factions. I had tried on the displays in the store which felt like a glove, but when they brought the ones out of the back that had never been worn before, I noticed that they were a bit tighter. You can either ride them to break them in or stick something down in the binding to loosen them up. The toe looks fine BTW.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-30-2007, 4:34 PM Reply   
They will break in a little. You can try to loosen the hinge also.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-30-2007, 5:13 PM Reply   
break em in, i broke mine into to much and now my feet come out a little too much...
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-30-2007, 5:41 PM Reply   
Hmmm...I tried them on once or twice in the tub, and some of the rubber on the ankle support is already flaking off. These are going right back to buywake on monday.
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-30-2007, 7:38 PM Reply   
They will break in alot.

My factions are almost getting to loose, ( i have rode them since them came out last summer)

How was the murrarys btw? Thats what i might get...
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-30-2007, 7:54 PM Reply   
apparently, they don't stay together well, because the rubber is coming off the back pad, and they haven't even been on the water yet. This is really frustrating now.
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-30-2007, 10:48 PM Reply   
I think the root of the rubber problem is that you have grotesquely hairy legs. I mean, really dude, you cant blame everything on CWB you just need a razor, that will fix this problem right up.