Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-27-2007, 6:10 AM Reply   
I am trying to progress my riding, but I am really the only rider of my friends. I try to take tips in my head when I hit the water but its tough not having a well rounder rider on the boat giving you tips each time you fall or in between sets. I have to go off of things I read and trial and error. I finally got a lot better edging last night but still am having trouble landing my 180. I am still a little froggy TS w2w but solid HS. Does anyone have some tips that I can work on?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-27-2007, 6:42 AM Reply   
Sounds like you need a new crew! You should post up on here and see about trying to get out and ride with a different crew, even if its a one time deal. The first 8 years of my wakeboarding career were trial and error, it works but it hurts! I started branching out and meeting new crews of riders and now I have a solid crew. There was a long period of time where it was just me and my dad out riding, not to much fun. Use wakeworld.com as your resource and check out some different crews! Good Luck
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-27-2007, 6:45 AM Reply   
-yeah, good crew its 50% of your progress!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-27-2007, 7:01 AM Reply   
I agree. A better crew would make things easier. Its fun to push each other and discuss whats going on out there.

Thats said, have you seen the book? The edging drills are great and will really help you nail TS everytime. Theres lots of stuff you can work on by yourself.

also, find a local coach