Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-24-2007, 10:50 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/galleries/getimage.asp?galleryid=500&imageid=13

Did anyone check this out? Looks pretty good, except for all the vestless riding. Anyone notice Rusty's whirly 5? I heard he was one of the few pro's who couldn't do a whilybird.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-24-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
i think they are genius to use the Doors Riders on the Storm one of the coolest songs ever!!! instead of the usual unlistenable...oh nevermind
Old     (jifffy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-24-2007, 11:18 AM Reply   
agreed, better music is MUCH appreciated
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-24-2007, 2:17 PM Reply   
Yet another rider in, yet another video not wearing a vest.

FNNNNNN STUPID!
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-24-2007, 2:31 PM Reply   
Rusty- is one of the biggest names in the sport right now and should def be setting a better example. Cool trailer none the less.
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-24-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
rusty's too ripped to wear a vest! haha just kidden...he should definately be settin a better example. hees got a lot of guys that look up to him.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-24-2007, 3:29 PM Reply   
leo
im pretty sure that wasnt rusty that threw the whirly five... it was aaron rathy
Old     (premierwake136)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-24-2007, 3:48 PM Reply   
yep i think that was aaron rathy too
Old     (twoten)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-24-2007, 7:42 PM Reply   
Maybe not on the 5... but Rusty was in there with no life jacket
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-24-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
Andy, you're here, and theres people still whinin on here, except about jackets, not that I disagree but either do something else about it or let it go.
Old     (jono)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-25-2007, 4:23 PM Reply   
you guys are right, vest less riding is lame, although I put clips of it in my vids don't look at it the wrong all the riders are in controlled situations and I'm trained in CPR and First aid so when I'm filming I know I can help save the boys if they do go down.

p.s. The whirly 5 is rathy and thanks on the music compliments.

enjoy the summer
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-25-2007, 4:44 PM Reply   
riders on the storm really plays well with wakeboarding and is an iconic song. such a surprising choice im blown away.

trev, im not the whine police, but i will stamp out whining if i happen upon it...

i still would not pull anyone without a vest on except possibly pam anderson, since there is no way im doing cpr on most ugly mugs...i'll do the cartoon thingy where i push in your stomach and water shoots out your mouth nose and ears...but thats it
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-25-2007, 6:27 PM Reply   
Its hard to do CPR on someone when you cant find them because they are taking a nap at the bottom of the lake. When ever I see someone riding w/o a vest I think of "Corey Kraut" If you dont know his name you should. Check out this thread
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/169305.html

A quote from the story stick's with me. "The lake we love with all our lives will swallow us whole"
Old    kc700            06-25-2007, 6:45 PM Reply   
Jono is the man for sure...living the dream will be something to look for, no doubt...I seem to remember henny yelling some pro vest comments at mr rathy one of those days (i believe you were standing next to me as it happened jono.)....so not all pros are in favor of the vestless approach i assure all of you vest police.....
Old    mendo247            06-25-2007, 6:48 PM Reply   
Definetly looks like it gonna be a killer vid!

Totally disagree with the whole vest less thing.. I hope its not gonna take another accident to straighten people out.. All the pros ive ever meet or heard about are super cool and down to earth.. I think they may forget about the influence they have on the sport when riding with out vests...