Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-22-2007, 6:56 AM Reply   
Stan joined the mobe club yesterday at the midwestwakeboarder clinic at the Gordy Bubolz Wakeboard camp in Fremont WI.

Landed a heel mobe on his third try at the age of 32 and then went on to have close calls with a crow mobe and a pete.

Congrats dude!
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-22-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
Congrats Stan! Glad to see your still rippin'.
Old    kidrik            06-22-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
Thirty two is NOT old.........!

Congrats....
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-22-2007, 9:12 AM Reply   
"Fast ship...? She's... fast enough for you... old man!"
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-22-2007, 9:14 AM Reply   
SICK i love heel mobes!
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-22-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. I know I am not that old but in a young mans sport I am trying to hold my own. I turn 33 next month and boy am I sore today. The pete and crowmobe trys have me hurting, those back edge catches don't do much for the neck.

Hopefully I can stick a few more heel mobes this weekend. It is a fun trick to do and Gordy got me over the hump on it. I have been riding for about 10 years and it is my first mobe trick.

Gotta give a shout out to Gordy's wakeboard camp. If anyone is in the midwest looking for a good place for some lessons check him out. He is super good at what he does and has a great attitude. It looked like all the kids that were up there for the weeklong camp were having a great time too. Man do the kids have energy. Wakeboard... jump on the tramp...wakeboard some more...surf... jump on the tramp some more. If only I was 15 again.

Stan
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-22-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
Congrats Stan. Hopefully Ill get to see on of these in person, or at least a few photos from Brooke.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-26-2007, 7:05 AM Reply   
kevin thanks man. I haven't heard much from you this year. If you are looking to get out let me know.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-26-2007, 7:10 AM Reply   
thats great!! out of curiosity, what was your riding level before? solid spins and inverts?

just hoping one of these days....
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-26-2007, 7:33 AM Reply   
Congrats Stan! Sounds like you have a really nice summer coming up!!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-26-2007, 8:39 AM Reply   
Thanks Rik for saying what I was thinking! 32 is not that old people! That being said, I'm thankful though to only be 28.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-26-2007, 2:58 PM Reply   
dj- my level of riding before was solid hs and ts basic inverts and hs3 and ts 3&5. My most solid trick is probably a roll2revert which helped alot with the mobe. All I really needed to do was pull with both hands to make the rotation to 3.

Jon-thanks man. Hopefully I will make it back out your way one of these days. No trips planned anytime soon though

eubanks i know 32 isn't old. At least I hope not. I plan to ride as long as my body can take it hopefully that will be into my 50s or 60s. It does seem like most of the sports I do are tough on the body though.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       06-26-2007, 5:09 PM Reply   
Congrats dude! I hope 32 is not old! I started boarding when I was 34 and am now 38. What got you over the hump in slowing your rotation down? I still slip out on my R to R's and just started trying Crow Mobes only to over rotate those also!
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-26-2007, 5:30 PM Reply   
Gene- love the profile pic!
I didn't really need to slow my rotation down i needed to pull with both hands to get the handle pass. I could always land on the board when trying a mobe, I was just never even close with the pass. I wish I was over rotating my crow mobes, the back edge catches suck. On your R2R concentrate on getting your chest over the board. Look towards the shore should help with that. Props on starting at 34 and working crow mobes now. I have been riding a while and am just getting the balls to try mobes.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       06-26-2007, 5:37 PM Reply   
whoops double post.

(Message edited by gene3x on June 26, 2007)
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       06-26-2007, 5:40 PM Reply   
Thanks I always get alot of mileage from that pic!
Oh I have taken some back slappers for sure but I have inconsistant technique sometimes coming off the wake. My half cab roll is more consistant than my R to R. My feet always seem to be moving towrds shore to fast and I slip out on my heals. If I throw it harder or pull harder, I land on my back!

I am wanting to put a mobe down so that I can reach my ultimate wakeboarding goal and slow down a little before I really hurt myself.