Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-01-2007, 2:53 PM Reply   
I want to put my boat in the water tomorrow it will be in the upper 70's. The only problem is that in a couple of days it is supposed to dip in the upper 20's overnight, and back up in the 50's in the day. Will my engine be ok or will the water freeze and do damage to the block.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-01-2007, 2:55 PM Reply   
if the water is in the 50's or so.. this well effectively radiant some heat through the hull into the engine bay... I don't think it should be an issue... but certainly more opinions the better..
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-01-2007, 3:00 PM Reply   
I'm not leaving it in the water I want to ride behind it then put it back in storage. Sorry I was not clear in my original post.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-01-2007, 4:39 PM Reply   
The block or piping might not freeze but if it does you need a new one so why risk that. Leave a trouble light in the compartment on, if you can, or just plan on draining it all. If you want a guess, I'd say it won't freeze but I don't think you should risk it.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-01-2007, 6:15 PM Reply   
How difficult is it to drain? I don't mind doing that if that means I can get in the water, only thing is I don't know how. Does anyone know how to drain the water from a 06 mobius lsv?
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-02-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
What's a trouble light?
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-02-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
One of those garage lamps you hang on car hoods to work on em. Should keep more than enough heat in the bay if you have power to your shed.

If not, there should be a drain under the block on both sides, and you need to disconnect any hoses and drain them out as well. You could drain your exhaust manifolds as well, but they probably won't get full enough to need it.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-02-2007, 5:55 PM Reply   
Just skinned it in 55 degree water 75 air temp. Wow it was cold, but fun. Going out tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 80's tomorrow. There was not a sole in the water obviously, but me and my son's. Good time with the boys cant wait. I'm going to have the water drained by the marina for $20.00 at the end of the day just in case it does freeze. Well worth the $.