Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-30-2007, 9:08 PM Reply   
I just got my perfect pass from OnlyInboards.com, and I was looking through the past pp install threads. Some one posted a link to an installed gauge just under the dash by the throttle. It looks great. I am now thinking of doing something similar, and just wanted to see if others had thoughts on this, or pics of your unique pp installs.

Here is the link.
http://www.wakesiderides.com/viewArticle.php?id=369

thanks.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-31-2007, 6:46 AM Reply   
I'd sacrifice my speedo up top for the PP or swap the two gauge locations. PP will provide you with speed anyway.

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-31-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
Chris, I think you missed the point. The only gauge that would work for the switch is the tach. You may not want to switch out your tach.
Nice install, good luck!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-31-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
My PP has a tach right on the main screen along with speedo and all the other info. I thought all the new versions did.
Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-31-2007, 10:46 AM Reply   
Yes they do. I just thought this would make for an alternative to taking out one of the nice matching gauges. I also thought that mounting it lower would make the screen more visible on a bright day. I am sure this is not a common thing to do because most people get their boats with pp already in the regular place, but this struck me as a really neat idea.
Does anyone with pp have a good reason why I shouldn't do this. I would like to hear comments.
Thanks.
Old     (onamission)      Join Date: May 2002       04-01-2007, 7:29 AM Reply   
I'm thinking of doing the same thing myself. The only problem I see is that mounting there the floating key fob would get in the way of the gauge. It doesen't look like it would in the picture but when I've held the gauge down there the fob hangs right in front of the gauge.

Upload

(Message edited by onamission on April 01, 2007)
Old     (partyb)      Join Date: Dec 2001       04-01-2007, 8:00 AM Reply   
PErsonally, I think that is a terrible idea. I would switch out the speedo. PP is the most used instrument in my boat, it should be up in front. If you've had pp before, you would understand. I've never had any trouble seeing it on a sunny day; it's made to be a gauge on a boat in the sun all day.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-01-2007, 9:23 AM Reply   
That's what I did. Pulled my speedo and put it right in the middle. Myself, I wouldn't want drivers looking down that far and adjusting PP and not watching ahead.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-01-2007, 10:48 AM Reply   
I agree, keep it as close to your line of sight as possible. Up where the speedo is at. I really only glance at three gauges when I am towing: Oil pressure, engine temp, and PP.