Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (davidhep23)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-23-2007, 9:06 PM Reply   
Me and some friends had the opportunity to see my vlx in its final stages of production at the TN plant today. You really don't appreciate what all goes into a boat until you see it first hand. The staff was great, and they seem to have a laid back work environment. I'll put the final pics on when I take delivery. Does anyone know how to attach pics from a mac/
Old     (davidhep23)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-25-2007, 7:11 AM Reply   
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=1AaOW7Vq4asXGQ
These are the pics from the factory.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-25-2007, 3:28 PM Reply   
Cool boat David.
To get your pictures from a Mac you simply export it from iPhoto using export under the File menu. Export as a JPEG and set the size to a Maximum of 1000X1000 and save it to your desktop, or any other location you can find easily.
In the Post box at the bottom of a thread just click Upload Attachment and the window will say choose. When you click that it will let you look on your computer for you photos. Select them from where you saved them and hit upload. The upload takes a bit of time. If the picture is smaller than 1000X1000 it takes less time. Once it's uploaded you can trash the pics on the desktop.

Say, when you were looking at everyone else's boat as they were being built did you wonder about making yours different or was it just harder to not have your boat yet?
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-25-2007, 3:31 PM Reply   
OMG, if you had toured the Mastercraft factory, you would not have bought a BU.

(Message edited by auto on March 25, 2007)
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-25-2007, 3:45 PM Reply   
Looks like you took a tour of one boat?
Old     (davidhep23)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-25-2007, 4:09 PM Reply   
Curious as to why the Mastercraft factory stood out so much to you? I realized why BU can't have pull out carpet though. The one piece molded deck was the only thing I wish was done differently.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-25-2007, 4:16 PM Reply   
I'm curious, why can't BU's have snap out carpet? Or as you call it, pull out carpet? Curious to know why.
Old     (davidhep23)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-25-2007, 4:30 PM Reply   
The deck is not one solid piece of molded fiberglass. The flooring is actually cut out of some kind of fiberglass composite, then laid in seperaltey. It's not a finished floor underneath the carpet. They said the only model that it is offered in is the 25 ft., because the deck is one solid piece.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-25-2007, 7:00 PM Reply   
Are those the only pictures?
Did you take any of the production line??

The boat is great looking but I would like to see some pictures of how Bu builds the boats
Old     (davidhep23)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-26-2007, 4:55 AM Reply   
Sorry Kevin, I didn't bring the camera in until the end of the tour. I'm trying to get the customer service lady to send me some pics of the whole process.