Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (blackcreek22)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-09-2007, 7:05 PM Reply   
I just bought a 2005 Supra 21V and am curious about how far the wake plate will travel top to bottom. Just trying to make sure everything is working right. Thanks!!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-09-2007, 10:35 PM Reply   
that is a tough question.... maybe a few inches total? You should be able to tell when it is running if not your dealer should be able to help you out?????
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-11-2007, 11:23 AM Reply   
Kind of off topic, but I demo'ed an 07 21v yesterday. I was sceptical at how much of a difference the wake plate really made. He turned it to "manual", slowed to a stop and tried to plane out from a stop. To make a long story short, the wake plate makes a HUGE difference.

semi thread hi-jack OFF.

sorry guys. my boat (ordered an 07 21v) should get here this week sometime. i'll measure if i think about it. i'm sure i'm gonna be pretty excited and the amount of travel the wake plate has might not be first on the list! ;)
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-11-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
total travel is a few inches... the 07 manual shows it in the up and down position, unfortunately they dont have it online yet.

You would be very surprised how little it actually moves! But makes huge differences in planing and wake shape!
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-11-2007, 7:10 PM Reply   
I spoke to a dealer regarding my wakeplate. They said it should travel less than 2 inches. I am having a problem w/ the gauge that shows the position of the plate. They told me that it is probably a problem w/ the sending unit in the drivers side actuator or whatever it's called. Sorry if I gave you TMI but as far as the travel, again it's less than 2 inches.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-11-2007, 7:25 PM Reply   
The wake plate on the 21v usually only travels half of the gauge. So it only goes from 0-50%. the wake plate makes a huge difference and is probably one of the best things on the boat.
Old     (blackcreek22)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-11-2007, 8:00 PM Reply   
Thanks fella's, what you say is what i see. Mine only travels about 2-3 inches. I had it in my mind that it traveled farther. It may not travel far but I do see change in the wake shape as I adjust it. These new toys on a wake boat are awesome. I just upgraded from a 83 Nautique to an 05 21v so this is a whole new world. Thanks again!!
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-11-2007, 8:19 PM Reply   
By Chris Walker (redsupralaunch) on Sunday, March 11, 2007 - 7:25 pm: Edit Post Delete Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
The wake plate on the 21v usually only travels half of the gauge. So it only goes from 0-50%. the wake plate makes a huge difference and is probably one of the best things on the boat.

I never had that problem, my gauge always went from full down to full up...(06 21v)