Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-27-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
For all of you that are running, or have installed jl audio subs in boats which sub do you recomend. It will go under drivers footwell under dash area. Is there really any added bennefit of the w6 over the w3 in a boat?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-27-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
I have both in my boat. Good subs , but I'll go with something else in my next boat. if it's just one go with the w6...it will handle alot more power.
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-27-2007, 9:39 PM Reply   
Curious what you didn't like about them Adam?
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-28-2007, 8:45 AM Reply   
i had 2 10w3's in my xstar and loved them. had them running off a 500/1 and they really added alot of kick and bass.
recently i had 2 10w6's that i took out of my x2 because i just didn't like how they sounded in the boat. i felt the w3's were louder in the xstar than the w6's were in the x2 but i have a feeling placement limitations in the x2 had something to do with that. now im just running the jl marine sub which i am happy with for only being an infinte baffle sub.

they will both add alot of bass its just how much you wanna spend and how much that extra volume that the w6 puts out is important
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-28-2007, 10:19 AM Reply   
Matt,

The only thing I didn't like was the cost. Ther is just as good or better out there w/o the JL name on it, for less.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-28-2007, 10:21 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-28-2007, 10:23 AM Reply   
I keep my boat on a lift year round, and keep as much stereo equipment as hidden as possible. at first glance in my boat it all looks stock.
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-28-2007, 10:31 AM Reply   
I'm using a pair of 10W6v2 as well. Do you feel if you had those in the same location in your X-Star they would have been louder than the W3's? BTW where did you have the Subs in your X-Star, if you don't mind me asking.
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-28-2007, 10:34 AM Reply   
I love the subs in the rear bench Adam, very clean! Other than the cost though you were satisified overall?
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-28-2007, 4:50 PM Reply   
my w3's in the xstar were located with one in the stock location and the other under the pasenger seat next to the amps.

yeah im sure if i had w6's in the same location they would have been louder if they had a bigger amp. but i loved how the w3's sounded i dont think i would have ever played around with it.