Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-22-2007, 2:45 PM Reply   
I've been looking for an older boat and found a '90 Ski Sanger w/ low hours and seemingly in great shape. Direct drive, 350, single axle.
Does anyone have any knowledge of the wake and anything to look out for?
Greatly appreciated.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-22-2007, 5:47 PM Reply   
It will throw a nice wake with about 1k worth of ballast. Classic Sanger ride and reliability. Sanger didn't start using Marine grade wood in the construction till 94 so be aware of that. If it was treated well, you won't have many, if any issues. My first comp boat was an 88 Ski Sanger.
Old     (santango98)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-22-2007, 5:53 PM Reply   
We got an '89 Ski Sanger last spring and we love it. Handles great, nice in chop, etc... A little tight if you have more than 5 people. It throws a pretty nice wake unweighted and I heard it only gets better with weight. Not as nice as a true wakeboard boat, but pretty nice for a DD (because of the 'V' hull).

Make sure you take it out for a test drive and look for the normal things (steering, shifting, vibration, etc...). Also check the floor for soft spots since it has a wood floor. Sanger is known for their quality, so if it's been well taken care of it could last you many more years.

I have a feeling you're talking about the one on the web in our area. That's how I'd like to set mine up someday. Nice setup.

check your email. I sent some more info on the boat.

good luck
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-22-2007, 6:02 PM Reply   
Thanks guys! My profile address is no longer active... check your email, Vince.
Old    walt            01-22-2007, 6:08 PM Reply   
Those old Sangers are great boats and throw a nice wake with 1000-1200 pounds. If your going to buy a older boat it's one of the better ones to look for IMO.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-22-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
Better than a 86-89 Ski Nauti? I am looking at getting a salt water boat for local riding next to my house.
Old    walt            01-22-2007, 7:30 PM Reply   
I've never rode behind a old Nuati but I hear they have a great wake.
Old     (andyh)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-22-2007, 7:45 PM Reply   
they are great boats, they throw good size wakes with a phatsack in the back
Old     (santango98)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-22-2007, 8:15 PM Reply   
fatsac, i resent it to you yahoo account
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-23-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
Thanks Vince!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-23-2007, 10:36 AM Reply   
Mike, see if you can find a DLX. That's the walk through with the open bow. Same hull as my old one. I think they started making them around 93-94. Great wake with a relatively small amount of ballast. The DX2 is good too, but you can't put quite as much weight in them (lower freeboard).
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-23-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
Evan is dead on. I had a 88 and it was awesome and in great shape. My only reccomendations are if you intend on using a extended pole over the factory pylon you need to brace it up by welding box tube to it. Mine and at least 1 other folded sideways from too much pressure up high. I sold it for a 96 DLX 4 years ago and it does have slightly more freeobard. The wake is comparable but more interior room. Ride is the same and yes with about 1K lbs they throw real nice rampy wakes. they are great value and easy resale when your ready to move up. The Monster tower works awesome on them by the way.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-23-2007, 4:24 PM Reply   
After checking it out, the boat is in excellent condition with quite a few extras, including a tower.
But if I'm not mistaken, isn't the Ski Sanger the same hull as the DX2?? I researched and couldn't find any info on a hull change. Maybe someone could shed light on that.
Old     (air_warrior)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-23-2007, 5:19 PM Reply   
I previously owned a 93 DX 2 and loved it ... put a 100 hours on it the one summer we had it. Pretty good boat to consider running a slalom course on. It was also great for barefooting behind. We put a OEM Proflight tower on her and she looked and performed great. I wouldn't think twice about buying another. buy it!
Old     (goerlich)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-23-2007, 6:04 PM Reply   
I just bought a 1990 Sanger last summer and am have no regrets. See pic in my profile.

I think I just found it online... 12,500?? That makes me feel pretty good about my purchase last summer at $7,500! ... Sure I'd like to have a tower and better stereo.

(Message edited by goerlich on January 23, 2007)
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-23-2007, 6:07 PM Reply   
Yes, Ski Sanger (DX), and DX2 are the same hull. DLX is a hull all of it's own and is not the same as a V210 as some might think. The V210, D215/V215 and V230 have three different hulls/dimensions, although all are based off the same patented design, and it hasn't changed much in twenty years...if it ain't broke...
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-23-2007, 6:55 PM Reply   
"Yes, Ski Sanger (DX), and DX2 are the same hull. DLX is a hull all of it's own and is not the same as a V210 as some might think"
Are you sure sparky, thats not my understanding?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-23-2007, 7:16 PM Reply   
Darren, your right. I was looking at the draft between the two. The V210 sits two inches lower in the water than the DLX, but both have all the same dimensions otherwise.