Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (gabriel63)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-18-2007, 8:14 PM Reply   
which one is the best one to have on your tower?
liquid trends or fusion p series 3 way
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-19-2007, 2:08 PM Reply   
I would go with Liquid Trends, but I'm I bit bias.

We have a shop in Napa that can probably take care of you.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-19-2007, 3:25 PM Reply   
What is the cost of each? I though I saw the price of the Fusion P to be about $1600. For a bit more you can get some Wetsounds which will not disapoint.
Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-19-2007, 7:36 PM Reply   
For what it is worth, I tore down two sets of T series combos and am having a Trends box installed. I didn't like the sound from the Fusions.

Vince
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-19-2007, 8:17 PM Reply   
the LT boxes are quite bit less then that.
Old     (gabriel63)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-20-2007, 10:40 AM Reply   
i just want something that is going to sound good on the boat.these tower speakers aren't cheap.i just want to pay for it once and not regret buying them.and it has to look good on the boat.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-20-2007, 3:39 PM Reply   
Save $700 and buy some Pro 80s by Wetsounds. If you just want to hear them in the boat, then dont turn the stereo up past 10-12 on the volume.

1) You wont regret buying them.
2) Even if you dont turn them up, they still sound awesome.
3) If you ever do feel like listening to them loud while riding, you have the option.

I know these weren't on your list to buy. But I am throwing it out as an option because you mentioned 'regreting' your purchase. I had 4 6.5" speakers on my tower and I upgraded to Wetsounds a year later.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-20-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
Once again I am with Leo. I wanted to get the Fusion P series but ended up with the Wetsoudns Threesome (485 and 2 Pro 80's). The Pro 80's by them selves are loud as hell and sound great. The bonus of Wetounds is the customer service. Tim, the owner, is awesome. I had extensive e-mails before I bought them and he has taken care of some upgrades for free as well (no questions asked). trust us on this one you can't go wrong with Wetsounds

(Message edited by oaf on January 20, 2007)
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-21-2007, 12:21 PM Reply   
Gabriel,

You are getting good advice from everyone, if you can make it to boat shows and look/listen to each of the systems, then you have a better chance for no regrets. The Sacramento show is coming in March or you can go to different shops and check them all out. Neptunes in Stockton can show you different Pro Audio options and Johnny from LT will also be able to show you a variety of options. Tower systems are kind of like buying a boat, people have different preferences so it is best to demo before you buy.