Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (wakeecuador)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-17-2007, 11:43 AM Reply   
What would be your choice for a new 2007 boat:

Malibu Wakesetter VLX
or
Super Air Nautique 210

I'm looking for some hull and wake reviews, but since those are new boats, they were kind of difficult to find.

Hope someone has ridden both.

Thanks for info!
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-17-2007, 11:47 AM Reply   
Has the VLX changed? You should be able to look the VLX hull and wake reviews from last year. The 210 is new, check Planetnautique.com. They will probably have the skinny on the capabilities of the boat.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-17-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
Both great boats, so, I would buy from the dealer with the best reputation. Brand would come second as long as we are talking about boats that produce great wakes.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-17-2007, 12:12 PM Reply   
J-Rod = money
Old     (wakeecuador)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-17-2007, 1:59 PM Reply   
lol.. money not an issue.. both boats cost almost the same.

I was looking for some input on wake size/shape, driving experience, etc.

Mike, you are right, I think they have not change the hull on the VLX, i will look for that.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-17-2007, 2:03 PM Reply   
The VLX is a very tough package to beat IMO. The wake is pretty fun with just factory and wedge and gets super knarly if you slam it down. Drives pretty well, has tons of storage and cabin space. Very comfortable inside, the dash is super nice, everything is tight and dialed. Gas consumption is a little scary when you use the wedge and start to add extra weight.

The new 210 is an unknown quantity at this stage.
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-17-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
My decision would be biased but unless you ride behind each of them it's only an opinion. What suits you the best will only be revealed w/ a wet test. For more info on VLX's checkout themalibucrew.com.
Old     (jeffsv211)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-17-2007, 2:14 PM Reply   
Oscar, i think it might be hard to get a lot of feed back on the 210 being that it is a new model and they made some changes. The VLX has been tested and ridden behind by quite a few people on here so they should be able to give feed back on their experiences. I would recommend that YOU test and ride these boats and make YOUR decision based on what you like.
Old     (wakeecuador)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-17-2007, 3:56 PM Reply   
Jeffsv211 thanks for the advice...

I have a friend who owns a SAN210 but 2005. The wake is steep, even without added weight. I don't know with the new hull.

The thing is that we are looking for a new boat, for the National Wakeboard Federation in Ecuador, and there are no dealers down here, nor to much boats to test, so the forums are the better info i can get by now.

I'll be looking for more comments on the SAN 210 2007. Thanks!
Old     (manda)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-18-2007, 12:12 AM Reply   
a few guys from australia flew over to the US and saw and test drove most of the new 07 nautiques. i cant remember what they sed about them but check wake.com.au as they are members on there and you may be able to ask more specific questions if not ill see what i can find out for you!}
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-18-2007, 6:55 AM Reply   
The Malibu seems to be growing in popularity for sure, and I have enjoyed everyone I have owned. However, the wedge comment above is true. When the wedge is down, watch the gas hand move!