Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (06outbackv)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-16-2007, 1:17 PM Reply   
I am working on my system install and have ran into a problem. I am running 2 amps, one 4ch for mt tower spkrs and a mono for my sub. I am using an EQ since my radio only has one set of outputs. I have the sub amp rca's ran from the sub to the sub ouput on the EQ but I am getting nothing from my sub. I am using a dist block for my 2 amps and they are hooked up correct. I have no clue what to do now. If anyone can help pls do. I am stumped. Thanx
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-16-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
Do you have the remote wire run from your sub amp to the head unit?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-16-2007, 1:45 PM Reply   
the blue one
is there a sub output setting on the HU. check it too.

how are you splitting the signal if you only have one set of outputs..?

does you 4-ch have RCA outputs? if so: HU->4ch amp->sub amp
Old     (06outbackv)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-16-2007, 5:14 PM Reply   
Randy-Do I still have to run a remote wire from the amp to the HU with the RCA hookups and ifso what wire do I hook it up to on the HU? I cannot find a remote wire in the harness. Do I hook it up to a power wire?

Nacho-I am running a EQ which has 3 sets of outputs.
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       01-16-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
Drop a line to Clayton Bygdness at Sound Illusions. He is the best stereo guy around (that I know of).
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-16-2007, 5:38 PM Reply   
There should be a blue wire with a white stripe on it. Connect that wire to the rem+ slot on the amp.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-16-2007, 5:59 PM Reply   
yes, those guys are good. call em
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-16-2007, 6:08 PM Reply   
Chris just answered it. Blue wire with a white stripe. You'll have to do it for both amps. They can connect to the same wire.
Old     (06outbackv)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-16-2007, 7:12 PM Reply   
I saw a blue wire w/white strip but it was just hanging and not connected to anything, would this me the correct wire you are talking about?
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-16-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
That would be it. If it has 2 blues make sure you get the one with the white stripe.

(Message edited by audiopro74 on January 16, 2007)
Old     (06outbackv)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-17-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
Thanks Guys,,That solved my amp problem. Now I have another problem. On my EQ hookup it has a ground, a battery, and also has a remote hookup. It does not work w/the same remote wire I used for my amps. The manual says a wire that has 12v when turned on and no volts when turned off.What wire should I hook this in to? Could I splice it into the ignition wire? What about the wire for my stereo toggle switch? Like I said I tried the blue wire w/white strip (which my 2 amps are hooked into now). Thanks again for the advice Guys.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-17-2007, 4:10 PM Reply   
Geoffrey, that's where it hooks. Are you getting any power to the EQ?
Old     (06outbackv)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-17-2007, 4:15 PM Reply   
I get power to the EQ if I put the remote wire directly on the battery but if I hook it to the blue w/white stripe wire I get nothing.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-17-2007, 5:48 PM Reply   
You have to hook one wire to power, one to ground and the last to the remote.
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-17-2007, 7:07 PM Reply   
With 2 amps and the eq running off the remote line of the deck, they might be drawing too much. Try wiring a relay inline. use the relay too turn on all the components, activated by the deck.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-17-2007, 7:14 PM Reply   
Instead of using the remote turn on off the deck I tend to use the ignition wire for the amp turn on when I run a few amps.
Old     (sea_ray_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-17-2007, 7:39 PM Reply   
The radio has to be turned on for the blue white wire to be supplying power. The blue white is used only for the power to the rem or remote of the amps/eq. When the power from the blue white gets to the amps/eq it triggers a relay and that is what will turn on the power leads to the amps/eq. The eq is wired just like the amps, remote or rem(blue white), + Red and - black. You need constant power + and ground wiring - on your eq just like the amps. These remote turn on's do not use much power that is why the wire size is small on the blue white wire, you are not overdrawing power here if it is wired correctly.
Old     (06outbackv)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-17-2007, 7:42 PM Reply   
Does the ignition wire on my HU have 12v at all times or only when my stereo is turned on?

Randy- I do have a power and ground wire hooked up and the remote wire from the HU still doesnt work w/the EQ
Old     (06outbackv)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-17-2007, 7:45 PM Reply   
Could I be using to big of wire for the remote hookup on the EQ to the HU? B/c the wire I have going from my amps is tiny compared to the wire I have from the EQ remote spot.
Old     (sea_ray_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-18-2007, 2:10 PM Reply   
post pictures of your install please.
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-18-2007, 5:14 PM Reply   
Even if wired correctly there is still a chance running multiple things on that one remote can overdraw it. Trust me I have been doing this for alot of years. Try running a relay. It will probably solve your problems.