Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-16-2007, 10:49 AM Reply   
So I see these stickers all the time most the time in random places.. The other day I was in an EL Balazo (el beezie for the locals) bathroom and I look up on the wall and see this sticker. What ever happend with the gowakin site?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-16-2007, 10:52 AM Reply   
LOL!!! All the GoWakin crew is still around. Infact a good bunch have rolled through wakeworld in the last couple days if you watch the posts. GoWakin disolved. The crew responsible went their seperate ways. Time constraints, real careers etc.... Those were fun times though. Lots of friends and some pretty roudy parties.

RIP GoWakin....
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-16-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
Those guys are still around. Aaron Neilson, one of the coolest cats you will ever meet, was part of Gowakin. They organized a lot of grassroot events and threw some great parties. I would say their retirement was in part a motivating factor for CIE to pick up the Spring Ride. Without Gowakin, there were no events!

They welcomed me to the scene several years ago. Cool people.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-16-2007, 11:06 AM Reply   
Well for a crew that was dissolved they must have had a million stickers. Even walking into the p-town boat show the entrance sign had a sticker on it.

I think the Gowakin is really catchy even if your just starting out wakeboarding you already know what it means. Im surprised it hasn't been bought or someone took over to keep it alive.
Old     (cptoafficiency)      Join Date: May 2006       01-16-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
weren't they going to build a nor cal cable park or something? someone should pick up on that idea...
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-16-2007, 11:12 AM Reply   
^agreed.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-17-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
Good Afternoon,

I am sitting here @ my desk & letting the good times race through my head =). Thanks for the kind words, they are greatly appreciated & wil agree we made many memories from early 00 & on. Landon Long & Isaac Harrosh were the originators an over the years we all became a tight crew who met tons of really cool people via WW, WB & other outlets. We had some great time over the years & look forward to many more in the future. Wether it was local camping trips, delta day rides, girls clinics, etc - we simply tried to spreas the stoke / joy of wakeboarding in CA & beyond.

We did some demos, raffles, R&D & had other ideas in the works including the big dream of a Nor*Cal cable park off I-5 by Mosdale. I think Landon still has a huge archive of data on that spot - maybe someday....

I can happily say CIE / Delta Riders / WSC have kept the local grassroots movement on target here in the bay. IMO they brought it to a whole nother another level & you will find us supporting them & there events 110%. Looking forward to seeing everyone out on the water in 07' & don't afraid to hit me up for a pull or a 3rd.

~All Smiles Here~

Aaron
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-17-2007, 2:24 PM Reply   
Lzy - I had a good chuckle too yesterday when I saw this post! I remember all the neighbors just @ssed-off">p@ssed-off that you guys rented the place on Marlin...of course I reserved my opinion until after meeting you guys and I have to say I was really glad I did!I met a ton of folks through GW and all are very cool! No regrets here! I hope to bring my 2 year old out to WSSR this year for the day to rekindle old friendships and show the stoke that is grassroots org. at its very best. Cheers
Mike
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       01-17-2007, 5:03 PM Reply   
Go Wakin for Labor Day at Don Pedro was the first boarding event I went to after getting a boat. Tons of cool folks.
Lots of folks you get to see around a lot. I ran into Clay from Sound Illusions there when he had his Yellow Wakesetter. I also met Aaron and Landon, two of the coolest laid back event organizers.

It was sad to see that they werent going to be holding events anymore.

Anyone know if CIE does any summertime events?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-17-2007, 5:10 PM Reply   
Hey Luke.

We talked about it last year. By the time the Spring Ride is done with, all we want to do is ride on the weekends. Doing events takes a lot of time and money, but I'm sure we'll discuss it again this year. We'll see.

Our friends at DRA are running a lot of summer contests, and they do a lot of events. More focus on contests, but still a great place to meet new people and make new friends.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-17-2007, 6:11 PM Reply   
Maybe do a spring and fall ride jrod.
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       01-17-2007, 10:43 PM Reply   
Oh man the good ole GW days....for me it started strong but I unfortunately went through some personal troubles in the later years that removed my focus, drive, and desire of what it was all about. Landon and Aaron are like brothers to me and so are many of the crew members and friends we have met over the years. I appreciate the support through my rough times and am just happy to have finally made it pass. Everything said, done, and now healthy I have always had a love for boating, wakeboarding, and being out on the lake. So today I ride for the love of the sport, the love for riding, and the enjoyment of good company without over the top, crazy, live for one night party style... Today I want to wake up the next day and get in the boat and ride..lol..thats what its all about! GoWakin!

Upload

(Message edited by zride on January 17, 2007)
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       01-17-2007, 10:44 PM Reply   
That is true, I dont know how many events I would make it to anyway. I have a lot of standing trips as is. (Good thing I get 3 paid weeks now!)

I made it out to the Sept 16? event on the Delta and it was a good time. Couple here and there are perfect!

Mike may be on to something with a Fall Ride......
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-17-2007, 10:52 PM Reply   
aaron & isaac, gowakin' loved me, didn't they?

gowakin put together some cool events in which people can meet up with old friends and make new ones. and aaron's the most positive person i've ever met. you can't go wrong w/ a guy like aaron!