Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-10-2007, 5:08 PM Reply   
my boat show was in atlanta and i was slightly disappointed...
because ambush boarding co (buywake) wasn't there like every year there weren't very many boards... i only saw some CWB packages but i wanted to see the Watson bindings and Ronix boards... i also couldn't find a could line to wakeboard with

i found the malibus not as good as i thought and same with the tiges specifically RZ2... the supras and master craft however seem much nicer than i though... nautiques were pretty cool except for lack of room up front

overall i was happy at the boats they had but lack of watersport specific equipment

what were your disappointments and change of hearts... this was my first boat show in 6 years but i'm happy i went

ps. sorry if this has been done, i skimmed but it didn't see as such
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-11-2007, 7:55 PM Reply   
c'mon one person besides me went!
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-11-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
the bu's look good. mc's too but the nautiques look like crap
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-11-2007, 8:11 PM Reply   
In regards to the board shops not being there I was talking with Jason from the board shop in Lake Geneva and he was saying how a spot at the boat show would run some insane price like 20 thousand dollars and although the exposure would be nice it would be hard to sell enough merchandise to make back that amount of money. For a boat company selling one or two boats would cover the expense but a board shop would need to sell a lot of stuff. Maybe a huge shop like ambush or companies like Ronix or LF could fork the bill but at least for smaller shops this may be the case.

Chi boat show is next weekend
Old     (spm)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-17-2007, 3:16 PM Reply   
Ambush ran an instore "Board Show" sale during the ATL boat show. This way they could show ALL the 2007 product released thus far. Get on their mailing list at www.ambushboardco.com and you'll be in the know instead of the dark.
Old    stillstandin            01-17-2007, 3:47 PM Reply   
Pleasanton....MC's looked good, Bu's always look good, but dont like the new graphics that say "wakesetter". Supra is looking real nice, Sanger is always good. Supreme and Centurian I didnt stop to see, but from what I understand they have both stepped it up big time. Wasnt a huge fan of the Epic, but think its cool for a newcomer to come in, same goes for Wakecraft.

The boards, stereos, and what not were awesome. My wife got a new set up, so she is stoked to ride this year, got the new LF Melissa, board and bindings. Melissa Maurquardt (Sp) was there and spent no less then thirty minutes just talking to her, and giving her pointers. It was way cool. She is def. a positve thing for the sport. Overall, I had a nice time, as I always do.
Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-18-2007, 8:54 PM Reply   
Chicago's show....Still Same layout as it is every year booth wise. Main players in the same spots.
Here's my take on the 07 boats after getting in most of them. For starter you really can't go wrong with any V-drive these days,, everyone puts out a DECENT product.

Centurion
Loved these boats for a long time. My brother was a great supporter. Owned 4 of them. Great combination of $$, ride and wake. This year though....Very disappointed in their line for sure. Didn't get to see the 216 as the Jack!@# dealer didn't order any of the new boats. Just Elite C4, Avy, T5, and Typhoon. Still solid boats but interiors need an overhauling, and some new gelcoat schemes and decals are a must. Still same old same ol. Some slight tweaks. REally liked their new rubber floor mats and fiberglass platform mat. Very nice little touch.
Their boats/decks just need some much overdue tweaking. Just not much going on and their prices have gone up with no justifications or new things for the most part besides the Switchblade. Still nice middle of the road boat.
Moomba/Supra
By far my favorite and both companies have a ton going on....ALL IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. Supra is just SICK. In my opinion don't think you can get more boat for your money as well as performance. I have been behind their line numerous times except the new 22V.....which was by far my favorite laid out boat. Would opt for the Sunsport version with the cooler/stairs. Supra has done some great things over the past 3 years. I would put them at the top with the big 3 these days. If the 22V rides and performs half as well as the 21v and 24v then it will be a great addition, but I"m sure it will be just as good. And the new Moombas are going that same way. The LSV is by far the best bang for your buck and the XLV was kicking as well in that new charcoal color. I would even out the new LSV and XLV above Centurion's comparable boats.
MC
Well their boats are always a stunner. Alot of different models to choose from. And we all know about their performance. BUT STICKER SHOCK came about for what X1's are going for. And some other models. Can they even claim the x-1 as a budget boat any more? Just nuts....with bare essentials, a mold that has been here forever as well as the vinyl it was still over 50k. Just don't see that... Still gotta love their boats Something different from the norm that functions well.
Correct Craft
Well its been largely talked about here. Just not sure what going on. Boats are still solid no doubt, but the new 210 layout after experience it......it as good idea, but needs much refining. 220 and 236 are still an eye catcher. Really liked em and their setups inside
Just alot of wasted space in the 210, but very good idea design wise IMO. Just need to work it out better.

Malibu,
Always loved their look, lines and graphics. Even their ride graphics caught my eye. Just don't care much for the dealer, their wakeshape, and the way the old VLX rode. Rode very nose high IMO.....That's all my preference not a bash. Haven't driven or rode behind an 06 or 07. Still top boat, and their layouts are simple yet functionable and clean.

That's just my input so take it for what it's worth. Not bashing just giving some insight on what I thought. Lets hear some others}
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-18-2007, 9:59 PM Reply   
Swatguy (hookedonboardin)

Come down to The St Louis boat show we will have the new Centurion Enzo 216. The Enzo's are where are the recent changes in interior deck and hull have been made