Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-22-2006, 8:25 PM Reply   
Yes its true Carbon Clause came to visit me today in his SUV on 22's. Instead of a big white bag full of toy's Carbon Claus had a cardboard box with some Carbon Fiber wakboard rack's inside. Best Christmas present ever. Thanks Carbon Claus.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-22-2006, 8:31 PM Reply   
Super sick
Old    walt            12-22-2006, 8:37 PM Reply   
Very nice Grant. Lets see a few shots of them mounted up.

Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       12-22-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
Wow! Those really are works of art. I hope they work as good as they look.

-Steve
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-22-2006, 8:54 PM Reply   
I will post some pic's of them mounted up soon.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-22-2006, 8:57 PM Reply   
WOW!!! Do the boards fit real snug? I don't see any kind of straps.
Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-22-2006, 9:12 PM Reply   
A Masterpiece.

Truly a great design, and I love the way it looks.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       12-23-2006, 7:51 AM Reply   
Wait till the OEM's see this thread. In '08 it'll be an option on every boat.

Nice work! Reeeeal nice.
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-23-2006, 8:00 AM Reply   
Aaron I think that they pull out and hook the board into the rack.

They definatley are a very nice piece of equipment but I like MC's racks more though
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       12-23-2006, 8:05 AM Reply   
I was wondering how long it would take for you to snap some pics and make a thread after I got that call from you yesterday, Grant.

They look good. I'm bummed Carbon Claus didn't have any to show me in person yesterday when he stopped by.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-23-2006, 8:15 AM Reply   
look GOOD but hope they work half as good as they look.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-23-2006, 9:16 AM Reply   
NIIIICE.

http://www.fundamentalindustries.com/wake_boat.html
Old     (john_v96)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-23-2006, 3:27 PM Reply   
grant
man... can you please hook a brother up withth a set of 2 of these racks
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-23-2006, 4:29 PM Reply   
are those silver 'hooks' on the end of the forks on bungees that stretch out around the boards?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-24-2006, 4:38 PM Reply   
Sorry I thought I up loaded pic's of the Racks with the straps on the board hers a pic.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-24-2006, 9:52 PM Reply   
I didn't see a price on the website. What are those bad boys running?

Are they available for the Illusion X tower?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-24-2006, 11:09 PM Reply   
David: Yes they fit the Illusion X tower. That’s what the 2 studs on each side of the center mounting bolt are for but they will work on any tower. I have a FTC and they will fit no problem. I don’t know the exact price but I have been told they are cheaper than the $700 dollar titan rack. So I’m guessing somewhere in the $500-$600 dollar range. Until recently they were not available for anything but Malibu. Get ahold of joe@fundamentalindustries.com for more info if your intrested.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-25-2006, 7:02 PM Reply   
thanks for the info Grant.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-25-2006, 9:16 PM Reply   
Grant,
What is your opinion on the ability to change out the cords if necessary? I remember reading somewhere that they were easy to change if need be.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-26-2006, 10:02 AM Reply   
Cory. The coard is made out of rubber, And seeing as how its inside of the carbon finger and out of the sun and weather I dont thik is gonna get as beat down as a traditional coard would. The coard is pretty cool. It is "dual durometer" wich mean 2 types of rubber hardness. The stretchy part is made of one durometer(softness) and the end that attaches to the aluminium finger is made of a harder rubber. If you need to change the coard its pretty easy. You peal back the traction material on the inside of the finger at the bottom of the finger. There is a hole there. The rubber coard gets fed threw the finger and out the hole at the bottom of the finger. You tie a knot in the rubber coard and pull it so the knot slips down into the hole and then put the traction material back over the hole. The aluminum finger has a set screw in it and the harder durometer rubber slips into the finger and your done.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-26-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
The clamp for tubular towers looks pretty amazing too. Work of art.

(Message edited by cyclonecj on December 26, 2006)
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-26-2006, 10:56 AM Reply   
Won't it be difficult to pull those straps from inside the boat? It looks good, but I think it needs a swivel function for it to be a really good rack.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-26-2006, 11:54 AM Reply   
Those are definetly a sweet looking. A+ on the design. I'd hate for my fingers to slip and get hit by the end of one of those aluminum ends.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-26-2006, 12:12 PM Reply   
Chris: I dont have them mounted yet so I dont know how hard or easy its gonna be. Ill let you know. I have been a a few boats with the swivel function and by the time you unlock them and spin them in and re lock them it just seems easyer and less work to put them in the rack the traditional way (with out using the swivel) . I guess it all depends on how hard it is to get to your racks.
Pierce: Ya I feel ya. The ends of aluminum hooks are all pretty rounded so I dont see hurting yourself problem. But I guess anything can happen out on the water.
Old     (tidalwake0504)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-26-2006, 3:02 PM Reply   
Doesnt look like they can hold a wakesurf does anybody know?
Old    Ben Kerran            12-27-2006, 7:59 AM Reply   
King of Bling (and carbon): Those look sick as always! Post some pics once you get them installed on your boat, (I love it when carbon comes together) I have to say I like your profile pick better now than the Dennis Richmond (or whoever) look alike (although that one was pretty funny too)
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-27-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
NIIICE,you can see much better with the straps.

Let us know how they work on the water.
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-27-2006, 12:42 PM Reply   
Pierce - I don't think you have to worry to much about them coming back and smacking you in the face since they attach way out at the end of that arm. When you release, they should retract into the arm. And since its not a wrap around model, they won't have any extra spring to whip around with. BUT, I could see somebody slipping them off and having the edge that connects to the carbon arm scratch a big ole groove down the board or perhaps even tear a binding if it hooks into it.

The only way I see to release these is that your going to have to stand on the gunnel (sp?) of the boat and unhook each arm while you hold onto to tower for support. The problem is going to be the most forward strap. The angle you grab and pull is going to be a very odd and probably weak angle for alot of people, hence why I would want them on a swivel.

They still look sexy as hell though.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       12-27-2006, 3:41 PM Reply   
What happens if you do slip and they go slamming back into the carbon rack? I can't see that happening too many times without chipping or cracking the carbon rack or clearcoat or if something bad happens, knocking yourself out... maybe not tho, real slick, but would be more bad a** if you could have them like the MC rack... just my opinion
Old     (miljack)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-28-2006, 9:30 AM Reply   
Grant,
Have you gotten the clamps yet? If yes, pics please.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-18-2007, 9:06 AM Reply   
He must have been making his rounds that night.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (99sportster)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-18-2007, 12:41 PM Reply   
The Malibu display at the Pleasanton boat show had the board racks mounted on a boat.

They looked cool, but I noticed there's a lot of room at the end of the forks that allow the wakeboard/surfboard to move up and down even with the bungee clamp holding the board in the rack.

Unless there's a really thick surfboard in the rack, it looks like there'll be a lot of chatter from the boards.
Old     (fundamentalindustries)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-19-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
Brian,

We utilized CF to give some damping. The material is excellent for this reason. We also wanted to accomodate all the thicker wakeskates like the Hyperlites.

I have posted some pics of the Tube Clamp Adaptor. It will come in three sizes to fit 1-7/8" through 3.0" The pictures are of the 2.5" (mounted w/rack) and 3.0" unmounted.

To answer Duane's question the end of the CF fingers have an aluminum insert to protect it from damage.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (fundamentalindustries)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-19-2007, 10:32 AM Reply   
Here is another pic showing how we can rotate the mount regardless of the tube axis.
Upload