Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-26-2006, 8:19 AM Reply   
Ive been riding my brothers Obrien Vision, because my 05 byerly bindings broke. im in need of an upgrade man. i almost got my tantrum and HS FS 360 so im still pretty much a beginner. maybe beginner/intermediate.haha. help me out!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-26-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
Send the bindings in through any HL dealer and HL they will repair them for free, you just pay shipping.

(Message edited by wake_upppp on November 26, 2006)
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-26-2006, 3:40 PM Reply   
yeah i did that once. well, i did it straight through hyperlite. the guy who answered the phone was awesome and hooked me up with free parts i needed to fix it. then it broke again, and i called and some girl answered and told us to go through a dealer. the problem is that i dont want the bindings.haha. i just dont want to deal with it. i have an 05 CWB Transcend and its too slippery for me right now. anyone got suggestions on a smooth board with tonsa pop and just the right traction for an intermediate rider?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-26-2006, 5:47 PM Reply   
I'll pay shipping, you send em to me and I'll fix em and sell em.
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-27-2006, 5:45 PM Reply   
eh, ill pass. haha. anyone got ideas on a new setup?(im looking at an Obrien Player. the new ones look badass)
Old     (dekay)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-27-2006, 8:40 PM Reply   
Jeff,
Same thing happened to me. Except I never got the guy. Haha.
Old     (lil_braswell)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-28-2006, 7:34 AM Reply   
Jeff,

The player is a sweet board. I have been riding them since they came out. Last season I switched to the Natural and haven't looked back. They ride pretty similar, but the natural rides higher in the water and has a bit more of a snow feel and bigger pop. Look for good deals on both, but I say go big and get the natural. If you want to stick with Obrien on bindings, I have a pair of the xenons and they have put up with a ton of abuse for a season and a half. If you go with Argons, or Radons, they are great too, but get into a shop to be sure they fit well. Best of luck!
Old     (dekay)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-28-2006, 5:49 PM Reply   
Ryan Anderson? Of Oklahoma? What's up man? It's will... go on myspace and I'll leave you a comment to remind you who I am. Lol. Sounds pathetic.
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-28-2006, 6:38 PM Reply   
thanks Ryan! that helps! oh and one thing, did they change the natural from 06-07? it looks the same. i like the graphics on 06 better. ah well thanks alot for the advice man. appreciate it. and Will, all i can say is that it blows huh? haha
Old     (mr_incredible)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-28-2006, 7:07 PM Reply   
for the tricks your able to do and want to be able to do i would try the CWB Absolute. real consistant pop and very smooth ride. and for bindings that will last a long time id go with the factions or the duce. good luck man.