Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (wakeecuador)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-24-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
I own LF brand mainly (board, boots, vest, bag) with only an Accurate handle and line.

With all the brands now making almost everything, (they are just missing the boat lineup), what do you think of getting all the same brand?
Or do you think mixing boots, boards is a good thing.
Old     (bradb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-24-2006, 1:47 PM Reply   
My opinion has always been that unless you are getting deals to ride certain brands, try a bunch of different stuff and use what works best for you (whoever happens to make it).
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-24-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
some people go a little overboard, when it comes to matching all of their stuff.

I don't think it's dorky, unless the person is uneducated about product, and just blindly uses whatever he uses, just because of the name recognition.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-24-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
I agree with brad. I have had enough product break on me already. I am a firm believer in the fact that each company has its strong suits. My lineup is a tad mixed.

CWB Board (Absolute)
Hyperlite 3DS Close Toe bindings
A-Line rope, Straightline handle (featherlight)
CWB Board bag (the old rolly one!)
Liquid Force vest (Watson)

Its all about what works for you. I hated the HL vest lineup, and no board on the LF lineup fit me very well. I nearly went with a watson, but i decided on a CWB instead. The HL handles always tore apart for me, so I went with straightline. HL close toe bindings rock, so I got a pair of those because I didn't like the fit or look of the LF line

Its all choice.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-24-2006, 3:12 PM Reply   
I've always kept my board and boots the same. I happen to have an LF vest as well. I'm looking for a new vest, if I can find a good LF product I'll stick with it, however I won't settle on gear that's close to what I'm looking for in it. I've tried on other vests, and will continue to do so until I find one with the combination of comfort, fit, and flotation that I'm looking for.
Old     (partyb)      Join Date: Dec 2001       11-24-2006, 4:07 PM Reply   
I would say it's dorky if you match up all your gear intentionally; as in that is a priority over how well the product fits for you. Like color, choosing a board for the graphics isn't hardcore. IMO
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-24-2006, 6:30 PM Reply   
I have all the same brand of gear because it is the pro line that my favorite board shop sells. I'm sure Liquid Force makes great stuff but I won't buy anything from our local LF dealer.
Old     (bakes5)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-25-2006, 5:24 AM Reply   
It may be ok to buy lots of different brands of equipment but for clothing and stickers for the back of my truck I buy exclusively "No Fear" brand stuff.
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-25-2006, 7:52 AM Reply   
haha, very classy bakes. 1985 "LOBO" Ford F-150?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-25-2006, 10:07 AM Reply   
ive always mix matchedmy stuff because imnot loyal to a name just like certain products from each manufacturer..

i have a CWB abs platty board
LF watson bindings
LF glideskin jacket
Bullet line coated rope
Helium Handle
Hype board bag

btw using all of one lineup isnt dorky if your dong it because its the best equipment you found works for you but if your buying it because you only like that all the colors match etc then you may be borderline dork :-)
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-25-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
My stuff is all made from different companies too, I go for what works not what looks best together.
Freemotion xlr8 board
Blindside pulse bindings
Accurate Line
Helium Handle
Jetpilot vest
Old    murrayair            11-25-2006, 1:21 PM Reply   
Like Brian said, I find it kinda stupid when people buy a board just for its graphics and then get bindings just to match the board. It's like they think people judge them on how well all their gear matches. But if you pick the gear you like, and it just happens to match, thats fine.
Old     (jsimpson7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-25-2006, 2:35 PM Reply   
i think it is dorky to mismatch board & bindings. I believe those should be from the same company, but obviously everyone is so different that mismatching may be the only solution.
I do buy pretty much all LF gear because i believe they have a good product, good company policy (in terms of warranties), and a killer pro team. Every product they offer fits all my needs. Until i become unhappy with some aspect of thier company, I see no reason to change.
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-25-2006, 3:02 PM Reply   
most of my stuff is from differnt companies too, i just go with what works

board - gator ricky g.
bindings - cwb zeus
rope - bullet ski lines (off ebay)
handle - proline LG
vest - jet pilot falcon
Old     (humboldtboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-25-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
I don't think it's dorty to have all you gear from one company, but I do think It's dorky when you buy all color matched gear from one company.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-26-2006, 6:21 PM Reply   
Be diverse!
Board/bindings - CWB
Vest - Rip Curl
Rope - A-line and fire jacket by accurate.
Handle - Era
Wet suit - Oneil
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-26-2006, 6:58 PM Reply   
from what i understand, most companies won't warranty a broken board if another company's bindings have been on it. i'd rather be labeled a dork than have my broken board sent back cause the sun has faded around the baseplate of another company's bindings and they won't warranty it.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-26-2006, 7:18 PM Reply   
I think you should just buy whatever you like and fits your needs... if its all from one brand and everything matches, then so be it. Plus, if you look as good in it as Oscar does... then it really doesnt matter!
Old     (wakeecuador)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-27-2006, 12:07 PM Reply   
Thanks Cris!

here are a couple of pictures, so you can feast you eyes... lol

Upload Watson 134, bindings and vest

Upload

}
Old     (wakeecuador)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-27-2006, 12:18 PM Reply   
My setup:

Upload Watson 134, bindings, vest. Hyperlite regiment handle.

Missing: Hyperlite tracer line, LF weekender, Puma bagpack
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-27-2006, 6:40 PM Reply   
I'll go ahead and post my setup because I haven't posted for a while and it just seems like the thing to do

Board-LF Shane (I love it)
boots-Hyperlite 3DS (gotta love their customer support, and the boots are great)
Handle-hyperlite premeire (the one Garret S. tore to shreds, don't let that kid get near your handles)
Mainline accurate jacket- got super cheap (Often that dictates what I buy)
Jacket-oneil Law till a fisherman stole it
new jacket-JP cell (still not sure if i like it.)
And O'neill wetsuits (they are great)
Old    alanp            11-27-2006, 7:23 PM Reply   
i think its dorky but i dont really pay alot of attention to what people are riding, that is until they show up with their parks board, parks bindings brand new x-star and they cant jump the wake, even at the end of the season.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       11-27-2006, 7:45 PM Reply   
I posted it before, but here she is again...

Upload

I use a Nevin handle, Straightline rope, Body Glove vest and customized Capix wake helmet...

Danny T.
www.OKCBoardShop.com
www.WakeboardOklahoma.com
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-29-2006, 9:53 PM Reply   
I love your boardshort that matches your setup. Someone very special must have given that to you... and those pics are awesome! who took them??
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-29-2006, 9:55 PM Reply   
I think it would be nice to have stuff from the same company. I love LF, it would sick to have all LF stuff. Brand loyalty is not something to be ashamed of. If i could afford it i would totally do it.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       12-02-2006, 7:33 AM Reply   
It doesn't matter. Get stuff you like and are comfortable with and go out and ride. I ride LF Fish, HL ERA bindins, Jet Pilot Murray vest, Accurate Belmont handle
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-02-2006, 9:59 AM Reply   
ride what you want i dont think its retarded at all. If LF is your flavor roll with it. Now if you just started and you got all LF stuff and went out the next day and got an LF tattooed on your chest or something, i probably would think you were pretty retarded.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-02-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
Looking back on it I have:
LF Subjekt,
LF Shanes
LF Wet Shirt
Jet Pilot vest
Jet Pilor neo top
Straight Line Handle/Rope
Older All Hyperlite setup
I guess I am dorkier than i thought...