Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old    mcroybigheavy            09-19-2006, 12:08 AM Reply   
Hey guys im new to this discussion board but i noticed alot of you have very helpfull information. I mostly snowboard and surf but i always watch fuel tv and was curious about a certain kind of trick guys are landing called "hammer" or "hammers." correct me if im wrong but i noticed some guys do alot of hammers in thier runs the judge says and in other sports i have noticed its not good to repeat tricks. what exactly is the hammer? i can tell its a big twisty flip but im seriously confused each time i see it. im sorry if this is a stupid question but i haven't heard of guys on the west coast landing very many hammers.

(Message edited by mcroybigheavy on September 19, 2006)
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-19-2006, 1:04 AM Reply   
Its not a specific trick. Its a term used to describe a really hard trick, at trick they stomped that would score them alot of points, any really hard trick. Like a 9 or whirly dick, etc, etc.
Old    mcroybigheavy            09-19-2006, 1:42 AM Reply   
that sounds dumb to me then. me and all my friends thought it was the same trick though. they were flipping and spinning fast and they all looked the same but i did notice the difference between several hammers was they were edging left instead of right. also i was curioud about raleys? ive been wanting to learn them for awhile now but am not exactly sure how. i can tell they are hammer tricks but im just not sure where to start. i got the shaun murrey detention video so im hoping that will help me. also i really like randy harris the west coast guy but my friend was asking him how to land raleys 3 years back about and randy laughed and told him he would be a dork if he was serious about learning them. just curious but why does randy and his friends make fun of people who do that trick because to me it looks awesome. it just looks rad to me when you have a grab on the board and you get swung around and back while holding your grab.
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-19-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
What tricks do you have down so far? that would help explain how to do the raley.
Old     (crack)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-21-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
It came out of skateboarding (PissDrunx crew was always sayin it) Just means youre REALLY nailin your trick/tricks.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-21-2006, 10:34 AM Reply   
The only Hammer.

Can you touch this? I think not...
Upload

As for asking Randy for Raley advice. Well you just walked into that one, haha.

Edit: Ahem, there is only one Big Heavy! Respect.

(Message edited by stephan on September 21, 2006)
Old     (crack)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-21-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
Thats some funny s#!t