Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (jzd)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-15-2006, 9:41 AM Reply   
Need directions to the lake from the Valley.Thanks in advance
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-15-2006, 10:05 AM Reply   
maps.google.com
Old     (bobbym)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-15-2006, 10:42 AM Reply   
5 north
pass the freeway sign that says Buena vista exit (I think it is the 223? Not the best way IMO)
119 west
left turn at the stop sign (minimart)

it is about 85 miles from castaic.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-15-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
anyone have a picture of BV--wondering what it looks like and how the water is for riding? Thx
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-15-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
Google search for "Lake Webb" ... Amazing.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&formtype=latlong&latlon gtype=decimal&latitude=35.23147&longitude=-119.2608&zoom=7&title=Buena*Vista*Aquatic*Recreational*Area
Old     (bobbym)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-15-2006, 1:58 PM Reply   
BV was dug out by tractors. It is about 6 feet deep. Weeds along the banks, except for the day use and campground areas. It is like an airstrip: ~2 miles long and about 1/8 mile wide. It has a few islands down the middle. Not a very pretty lake.

As for riding, I think it can be pretty good. It takes a lot to blow out, but does get a lot of traffic. Better place to ride than castaic/pryamid, but not as good as naci.
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-15-2006, 3:50 PM Reply   
last time i was there (a couple weeks ago) the water level was down but the place was empty. you could stand at almost any part of the lake except for some of the deeper spots. there is no gas dock on the lake. you have to pull your boat out and drive about a mile to the nearest gas station. the water is very dirty. there used to be a video on wakeworld from buena vista. it featured tyler heinz and perry richmond i believe. check it out to get an idea of what the lake looks like.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-15-2006, 4:38 PM Reply   
buena vista is pretty epic conditions this time of the year. barny traffic is minimal espacially durring the week. camping is awsome cuz its right on the water, about 2 feet above water level. complete with grass and trees. they allow camp fires year round. in Delta Sessions 2 the opening part in the socal section theres a huge fireball that we did there with gasoline and a beer bottle. actually we did quite a few of them. the water isnt the cleanest because the lake is surrounded by farms so you get runoff from that and its also shallow so the mud is all turned up. there is laso a segregated jetski area so that keeps the chop down on the deep side. buena vista is probably my favorite camping place ever. here is a link to a video that was filmed there about 4 years ago

http://wakepics.com/view_single.php/chris-and-jason_wakeboarding-photos.html?medid=7330
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-15-2006, 5:03 PM Reply   
Buena Vista sucks a fat one. DON'T GO THERE!!! Infectious disease in the water that will eat your skin!! The water sucks.....stay away!!!
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-15-2006, 8:59 PM Reply   
a friend of mine grew a third arm after swallowing some water there. The dr had to take care of it. STAY off BV. (brandon ill be there on the 30th 1st and 2nd if you want a pull.)
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-16-2006, 4:25 AM Reply   
Brandon, aren't you bashing the very waters that you use for teaching?
Not a very good business tactic
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-16-2006, 11:02 AM Reply   
Brandon is not bashing anything, he is just being selfish. The conditions are excellent this time of year. Sept/Oct/Nov are the best time of year to ride BV. Yes the lake is shallow, but no trees or debris in the water. Anyone want to come out midweek, give me a shout!
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-16-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
I'm just giving him grief.... I know what it's like out on BV this time of year. Too bad you still have to be careful with the wind shift
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-16-2006, 12:10 PM Reply   
Yeah Ryan, lets hit it bro. Give me a ring.
Old     (badbob13ftw)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-19-2006, 5:01 PM Reply   
not a bad lake ... not a fantastic lake either ... was there this past weekend... camping is pretty good, like camping in a park.. large sites,trees,tables, some w/hookups... the jet skis are locked up in a pen , so thats not so bad ... sat/sun morn only a couple boats on water before 10... not really deep enough to do any surfing... overall not so bad ... the third arm isnt so bad either
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-19-2006, 5:13 PM Reply   
Check my profile, nice little snapshot of the mud puddle.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-19-2006, 5:16 PM Reply   
third arm?? please explain.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       09-19-2006, 5:50 PM Reply   
Brandon,

I'll be taking a road trip down to so cal at the end of October, hope i can stop by BV and get a pull behind the Supra

Troy