Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-17-2006, 11:06 PM Reply   
At around 7pm in Victoria, riding toward the 5mph zone (away from Union Point), the tide was down as it normally goes, but there were two stationary/stuck logs that were poking up about a foot out of the water. They were pretty large in size and did not bob up and down with the wakes, inferring to me they were pretty solidly stuck there. Did anyone else see these? It was really scary as they would have done MAJOR damage to a boat or rider. It would have been very easy to hit since they appeared to have been lurking just below the surface most of the day.

And also "Hi" to all the CIE homies that recognized and said hello :-) Where can I get a big sweet WakeWorld decal so I can be cool too? hehe
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-17-2006, 11:11 PM Reply   
there's a log of death down 14 mile slough as well. someone put a US flag and a light on it to help people see it.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-18-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
Thanks for the heads up Keven.

Nice seeing you on the water yesterday. You always roll with a big crew! Email Dave to ask about a sticker.

It was family day for me. I took the family out for some tubing. Everyone should know that I did NOT pull my tube up Vics, Twin, or any other sacred riding sloughs!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-18-2006, 11:01 AM Reply   
Ofcorse Jrod b/c you know better.
Old     (ollieshuvitz)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-18-2006, 9:55 PM Reply   
Where is 14 mile slough?
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-19-2006, 7:05 AM Reply   
Sup Kevin - good running into you & your crew - Luvd the pirate flags n music rollin out - classic!!! Thx for the 411 w/ the logs - we will keep our eyes peeled.

Jrod, I had ya covered & made sure the wifey didn't take any pics - LOL. Great weather & good times on sat for sure!

Lzy
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-19-2006, 9:52 AM Reply   
14 mile is off the deep water channel out of stockton between lost Isle and ladds. almost directly across from windmill cove
Old    wakelvr            06-19-2006, 11:46 AM Reply   
I really appreciate it when people mark logs (when they can't be removed) and will try and return the favor as well. We have been finding a bunch of them on Tracy Oasis. Those things can cause some major bodily harm... :-(
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-20-2006, 4:06 PM Reply   
Stefani- What do you guys use to mark a log? The tide was low and there was a pretty big one halfway down Vic's today and about 10 feet off the tules, I wanted to mark it, but had nothing on the boat.
Old    wakelvr            06-20-2006, 4:13 PM Reply   
A few times we were caught without anything handy so we finally ripped a towel into strips and use the strips (kind of like a flag). It's ghetto but I think it works. So if anyone has seen pieces of pink and white Barbie towel hanging off a log in the middle of a channel, that would be us;-)

Usually we manage to throw the log to the shore though.
Old    bigrich            06-20-2006, 4:23 PM Reply   
I have been carrying empty 2 liter bottles of soda with me and when I see something in the water
I tie the sode bottle to it. They float and the labels are pretty visible. Not the most environmentally friendly but it works.