Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (sangeria)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-06-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
I thought I read something on here a few weeks ago about the coast guard taking over ski beach over by Disco Bay. Is that true? I think somebody said they had dropped a bunch of rocks, etc. to keep people from beaching their boats. Was hoping to go out on Monday and liked that place to hang out for a bit and let the kids get out of the boat and stretch their legs. Please let me know. Thanks!
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-06-2006, 9:24 PM Reply   
we were by ski beach and their were no rocks and no CG
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-07-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
=)

It is open, we were out on saturday & saw a couple kids picking up trash, and pilling cans n bottles into there jet skis to clean up the place... What the couldnt fit inside the ski's the pilled into one corner of the beach... very cool.

Later that day, while pulling out @ Rivers End we were chatting with the owner & he gave us some adtl 411.

Per the Marina owner apparently some guy wanted to "buy" skiers beach, did some research, apparently found the owner / farmer and attempted to purchase it. When the owner/farmer heard what it was being used for got upset and notified the coast goard or something to that affect. The marina owner is under the impression that it's going to shut down but how is the main question... Who knows if this is true, maybe just another line I was feed from the rumor mill.

Anyways at this time, its there - no rocks, no sherriffs, no coastguard, just a lil left over trash. I think Memorial Day Weekend will be te test.....

Lzy
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       05-07-2006, 6:16 PM Reply   
Thanks for the 411 Aaron.
How is the new boat treating you?
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-08-2006, 6:14 AM Reply   
Morning Brian,

She's amazing, it's in a whole nother league compared to my last one.... I am already 30 hours deep since March & luvN it.... Headed to Shasta for Memorial Day - you?

Hope all is well G

Lzy
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-09-2006, 10:28 PM Reply   
I hope it stays open. I know a lot of people would like to see it shut down, with fair reasons of course, but it can still be a fun place to hang out and kick it or have a lunch break from riding.