Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (kgoings)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-05-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
Is there a big difference? Looking to buy my first "real" wakeboard, I have a wakeboard which is an off brand freebie that my boat dealer gave me and it has done okay. I don't get much pop with the current board, but it has almost no rocker at all.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-05-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
Both are older Absolute shapes and are both great Boards!!I dont think you could go wrong either way. I think the Pure is a little faster board, but both are great. Good choices.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-05-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
I own three variations of that same shape and I've ridden them for going on 4 years.

Some will argue, but I say there is NO noticeable difference between the ride of the Flame and the Pure. The Pure has a tiny set of molded fins on the perimeter of the rail. The Spine is said to be larger on the Flame but I have compared them side-by-side and disagree.

Choose one of those boards based on Graphics and go with it. IMO, that is the best board shape of all time. One of the few boards with big rocker and good speed.

The all black Pure looks sick with the Fuse bindings.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-05-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
Yeah, I dig my Pure. Fast and tons of pop at the best prices around. They got a winner with that shape 3 years ago. Probably why it's still around in 2 different variations.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-05-2006, 10:42 AM Reply   
J-rod what's Allen on now?
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-05-2006, 10:55 AM Reply   
Squid ~ At CIE SR he was riding the Absolute.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-05-2006, 11:04 AM Reply   
Yep
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-05-2006, 11:12 AM Reply   
Cool, I know that boy takes stuff huge. Just wanted to know what he settled on.
Old     (nathan1pure)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-06-2006, 5:55 AM Reply   
I have the Pure with torq bindings. I love it! Sweet lookin board too! (I have the black one)