Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-28-2006, 6:14 PM Reply   
who does keith lyman ride for these days?
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-28-2006, 6:53 PM Reply   
Liquid Force?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-28-2006, 7:03 PM Reply   
Liquid Force is correct; although, he's not on the payroll. He also rides for Oakley.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-28-2006, 7:49 PM Reply   
The new Alliance has a good interview with Keith, he seems like a rider who really struggles for his passion and rides for the sake of pushing the sport and himself. I always think of these guys as making good money and getting free boats, his interview shows you that isn't always true (even though he had a boat sponsorship at one point). He is riding the Shane board in all of the pics.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-28-2006, 8:24 PM Reply   
How sad is that if Lyman doesn't have the sponsorship. Are you kidding me. That's just another example of misguided corporate BS!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-28-2006, 8:52 PM Reply   
Randy - ain't that the truth? I hope Lyman sticks with LF for next year.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-28-2006, 11:50 PM Reply   
He gets flow from liquid force and isnt getting paid because the team was made and budget done before he got on
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-29-2006, 1:07 AM Reply   
He used to ride for Tige too, I heard that he burns bots up like crazy with the 4k of weight he puts into them. I guess to ride at 95+ feet you need lots of ballast.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-30-2006, 1:32 PM Reply   
He does ride absolutely ridiculous lengths...but hey, if that is what is going to help push the sport (and himself) then he better keep doin it.
Old     (garrett_cortese)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-30-2006, 2:26 PM Reply   
I had the pleasure of doing the interview with Keith in the last issue of Alliance. He has a lot of intersting things to say about how/why he rides, his views on the sport, and a lot of other stuff. I'd definitely recommend picking one up and checking it out.

As far as burning through boats because of weight, that's not really accurate. All the pros put a ton of weight in their boats. If you read the interview you'll find out more about his history with boats and his problems with Mother Nature's wrath.

Keith's one of the coolest guys in the sport and definitely one of the best to watch ride. Benny G put it to me this way, "If you don't like watching Keith Lyman ride, you don't like wakeboarding."
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-30-2006, 4:14 PM Reply   
We had the pleasure of hanging out with Keith this past weekend. One of the things that I admire (and watch for) is a work ethic. This kid didn't stop moving,if he wasn't riding, he was driving, digging or setting up something. He was polite, respectful and a heck of a GREAT rider!
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-30-2006, 5:39 PM Reply   
ahh
ur lucky
where were u?
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-30-2006, 5:45 PM Reply   
backwater and carlsbad lagoon, also there, Benny G, Aaron Reed, Tino, Watson, Shane, Colin, Lyman, Melissa, Amber Wing, Kyle Murphy, and huge one for the ol schoolers, Greg Necrason. Big Day out at the Lagoon, Lyman...super funny, great rider
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-30-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
wow
u were with like all of my favorite pros!
thats sick!
Old    murrayair            04-30-2006, 7:29 PM Reply   
Anyone see his section in Such is Life? One of my all time favorites.
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-30-2006, 7:41 PM Reply   
looks like Keith signed with Xcel Wetsuits from the photos off of alliancewake.com http://alliancewake.com/default2.aspx?pg=article&id=268

anyway want one? Ive got an xcel vest for sale, the same one that keith is wearing in the photo?

evan_park00@hotmail.com