Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (stwake)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-06-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   
I have a SeaDoo Sportster with a tower. Im wondering how to wire in tower speakers and maybe add some weight to this small boat to make a sick wake... and suggestions
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-06-2006, 5:50 PM Reply   
a sick wake ...

Old     (surfer_ryan223)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-06-2006, 6:32 PM Reply   
Jet Boat = No "Sick" wake

(Not just sayin that i used to have one, I had the AR230 HP, I wouldn't suggest it to anybody that likes to wakeboard.)

Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-06-2006, 8:10 PM Reply   
The kid's 15 and it's all he's got to work with; give him a break.

I don't have tower speaker advice for you but I'm sure that throwing a couple sacs in there couldn't do any harm. The shape might be lacking but I suppose you could gain a bit of size.

Hopefully someone else will be able to kindly share more specific advice regarding your question...
Old    ice3944            04-07-2006, 6:32 AM Reply   
He had better check the weight limits and safety info before throwing a bunch of fat sacs in there, it could really be detrimental to the performance and safety of that boat. They are not made to be weighted down, rather light, quick, and nimble.
Old    wolfpack            04-07-2006, 10:46 AM Reply   
No rudder + lots of weight = hard to steer
Old    timc            04-07-2006, 1:11 PM Reply   
The curb weight is about 1,600 lbs it won't put out wake. I wouldn't load it either b/c 3 adults and gear is almost max. I've got a sportster I've noticed the guys here will ballast their boats w/ more than my entire rig weighs
Old    lan1201            04-08-2006, 12:33 AM Reply   
Screw it just do it and see what happens. Its better than a waverunner.
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-08-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
I use to have a Yamaha LS2000 20ft jetboat. 270hp. I ran a 600lb bag in the ski locker and 2 250lbs bags in the boat with 6 or 8 people the wake was pretty good. High but not thick. Weighting it down like this also makes it alot easier to regulate the speed while boarding because it is more less holding the motors back or bogging them down. That will help your wake alot but it will also drink gas like nothing you have ever seen before.