Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-01-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
i have a mobius XLV and the stock rear bags are only 275#, not nearly big enough. i can get 400# bags to replace them or i can get the 750# bags, would the 750s be overkill with just the 650 in the front? i mainly want the wieght for surfing, the wakeboard i know would be more than fine with the 400s.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-01-2006, 11:28 AM Reply   
I have the XLV and had the same Questions.
I went ahead and bought the PRO X V-dive Sacs from Flyhigh. Each one weighs 420 lbs. Then I bought 500 lbs of Pop Products Bags. I am still figuring out the best areas to put the POP bags.
But in all I have close to 2000lbs of weight. and the best things about the p[op bags is I can move them around to creat wakes and balance wakes and If i want , i can put them all on one side or in one compartment for wake surfing.

The problem with the 750lbs sacs is that they wont fill all the way up.

As soon as I can get some pics up , i will post them.
Good Luck
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-01-2006, 3:34 PM Reply   
yeah i figured i wouldn't be able to fill the 750 sacs all the way up but im not sure that 400 sacs would be enough. i want the weight for surfing. for boarding i wouldnt fill the 750s all the way but for surfing it would be nice to fill the left or right one as much as i could
Old    walt            04-01-2006, 6:30 PM Reply   
There's one way to find out. Slam that sucka !
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-01-2006, 6:48 PM Reply   
yeah im thinking i need the 750s :-) nothing says i have to fill them all the way up
Old    tbone02            04-01-2006, 11:00 PM Reply   
Why won't they fill all the way? I've got 680's and they fill all the way. Just put a ball valve in your overflow line and close it to fill the bag for surfing.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-01-2006, 11:42 PM Reply   
I have the XLV and have experimented a bit with it. The combination of weight that I run is 1000lbs. up front and 600lbs on each side of the engine. Now, I don't always run the rear bags full, most of the time I am running them at around 50-75% full. When you only have three of you out and the lake is deep, this combination of weight filled to the max produces quite a wake!!!