Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (ramwasuprassv)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-07-2006, 7:43 PM Reply   
This is a poll...Would you go to a tournament at Brookville Lake in Indiana. Looking for enough interest to hold an event.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-07-2006, 8:19 PM Reply   
Sure, But it's generally pretty busy there on the weekends isn't it?
Old     (ramwasuprassv)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-08-2006, 8:16 PM Reply   
Yes, but I should have clarified the location. We may have a location in the no-wake zone we would be able to use if we get the support.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-09-2006, 5:59 AM Reply   
Have you tried talking with the No Wake Marine Guys...or the new Nautique dealer...or the mastercraft dealer...or the Tige guy in dayton. It would be pretty easy to spread the word through them too. I have a friend with a new X2 who might be willing to be a tow boat. He also has a shirt buisness too, which could be cool for an event.
Old     (kopp210)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-09-2006, 12:39 PM Reply   
The guys at No Wake put on a good tourny in Hamilton on the Miami. Complete with flat water and various sliders. No Wake has a great base of team riders also. I think they have had issues with getting participants the last couple years. You will have to really get the word out for a good turn out.

My only warning is that it takes a ton of work to put together a good event. I was part of the NoWake tournament for a couple years and it takes a ton of support. Solicit as much support as possible. Kent's Harbor may be supportive. They are not a real wakeboard or wakeboat dealer, but always have interests in money and publlicity.

Are you looking to have it in the Gar Hill no wake zone or the North no wake zone? I am from Brookville but no longer live there. I may be interested in returning for a good event.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-09-2006, 1:09 PM Reply   
The trouble is media publicity. Most of the tournements are word of mouth or you need to stop by the store for info. It strikes me that maybe getting on a morning show where someone might see/hear you is important. No wake held a tournament at our lake a few years back, and frankly, I was pretty underwhelmed with the turnout, and sponsor type stuff. I realize it can't be like nationals, but they were charging for parking for pete's sake!
Old     (ramwasuprassv)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-11-2006, 4:27 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input Ryan and Eric, I am going to check into some of those things. Definitely Kent's. We are looking at the North zone, but the Garr hill would be great too. We would be operating under the support of the NWL and are sponsered by Supra and Master Craft, so organization and tow boats aren't a problem. We just need to convince the lake manager that we could pull in the ($$$) people to make it worth their while to deal with. Eric, may come back to you on the shirt guy, thanks. If either of you guys need somebody to ride with, just email me and we'll get together (my son's the big rider, I'm usually just the driver).
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-12-2006, 8:04 AM Reply   
You can count my crew in. Good post Jon!

Eric - What lake did you have that event?

(Message edited by redsupralaunch on March 12, 2006)
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-13-2006, 7:43 AM Reply   
I did not "have" the event. It was put on by No Wake at Hidden Valley. There were a lot of participants, but there wasn't much to look at. They had a couple boats and like two boards. Nice guys, but the event was not well organized or promoted. I think they do a really good job at their main thing in Hamilton.

Jon, hit me up with the shirts...my bud will take care of your needs. He is doing a lot of work for major Moto-x companies, so his work is really high quality.