Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (whoisrockey)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-04-2006, 8:53 PM Reply   
What's up everyone. I'm getting ready to buy a '01 Centurion Elite Bowrider. most of you know what it is. 22' bigger version of the sport bowrider. nice tower ballast system clean inside and out everything great 388 hrs. nada says 26,500 with everything this boat has. the dealership was asking 23,900 i got them to 20,500. let me know is there any way i can go wrong here. the way i see it in a perfect world i would ride it a couple years and sell it for what i bought it for. Likely? let me know im pretty new to buying boats. I've riddin forever just not bought. any help is appreciated. oh and i live in Redding so I'm 10 mins from Shasta lake so boats go for high blue book here as far as i know. thanks again

Sam
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-05-2006, 7:37 AM Reply   
Sounds like a good deal. I would have some one else look at it if you don't know what to look for. Just a ?. If boats go for high blue book why did they drop the price 6k off blue book. GOOD LUCK on the deal hope every thing work's out.
Old     (whoisrockey)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-05-2006, 1:05 PM Reply   
i talked for a long time with the owner. he said come spring he would of asked blue book for it but its preseason and its a used boat and these guys normally just sell new. i looked it over quite a bit. i know enough about boats to tell if its in good condition, i am just not in with all the names and what is considered up there in quality. i know centurion is middle of the line which is pretty much what im looking for. i just wanted to know if everyone thought this sounded like a good buy? and does anyone have experience with centurions? good? bad?
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-05-2006, 3:28 PM Reply   
As long as you like the boat and the wake. You said it was in good condition that is all that matters! I would ask to demo the boat and board behind it. Make sure you like the wake. I know you took some pic's so let's see!!!!
Old     (joe1975)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-05-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
definitely demo the boat, and the price sounds fair. Dont think you are getting a steal, but it is a good price. I used to sell Centurions, and they make the boat you described...im sure you will have a lot of fun behind it!
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-05-2006, 6:02 PM Reply   
NADA is way over rated and I'm not sure what they base their guidelines on. I have a '04 Moomba Mobius that if I go by their guidelines, I'll make more than I paid. Take the salesman for exactly that, a sale. They are not in the business to lose money. If they are offering you the killer deal dude, it's not you, it's a sales pitch. It's like the girl that tells you she's never done this before.It's all about if you think it's worth it. You can second guess yourself and listen to everyone else forever, but when it comes down to it, demo and if you think it's worth it, pay the $$$. That's what keeps free enterprise alive.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-05-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
Do you like the colors and does it fit into the garage?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-05-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
Sam,

I've got an 04 Centurion Lightning, should be the same hull as the Elite V. She was a demo boat and had a bout 40 hours on her before I brought her home last year. I put about 160 hours on the Lightning last year. I really like the boat, but I don't have a lot of experience with other v-drive boats, definitely more solid than my old I/O. I don’t know what accessories this boat has, but I’ve found the triple ballast to be essential as well as the Bennett trim tab. The wake is pretty good with the stock triple ballast and only a crew of three, but again I haven’t ridden many others. The Perfect Pass speed control is awfully handy too. I’ve got a pretty detailed photographic layout of mine on Wakeside Rides, see my profile.

Good luck, let us know what you decide.

Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-05-2006, 8:24 PM Reply   
I am pretty sure he is talking about the
Elite Bowrider it s an inboard. Yours is the Elite V drive. Different hulls.
The Elite Bowrider is a great crossover boat
Old     (whoisrockey)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-06-2006, 6:04 PM Reply   
thanks for all your guys help. im just taking the plunge so all of it helps. i am pretty sure im going with it so thanks again. i will get some pictures for you guys too. anyone with similar boats? centurions at all? just curious?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-06-2006, 7:00 PM Reply   
I had a Promo Elite Bow rider for a season it is a great boat! LIke I said it is a great cross over boat good slalom and wakeboard boat. LEts see some pictures