Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       03-02-2006, 10:14 PM Reply   
I am in Austin on business through the weekend and got out on the lake tonight for a dinner cruise. It is an impressive lake with some amazing waterfront homes!

If anyone will be out riding this weekend and could offer a pull, give me a call 816-223-4083.

Thanks, D
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-02-2006, 11:27 PM Reply   
hey man I am hitchen a ride on sunday I,ll see if i can get you hooked up.
Check out
www.360wakeboard.com
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-03-2006, 7:05 AM Reply   
Lake Austin is fricken cold! The houses on that lake are incredible. Here's a shot of Gabe Lucas on Lake Austin!
Upload
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-03-2006, 7:14 AM Reply   
DTB,
I'll second lake austin being cold. It is the bottom of lake travis which is like 100ft deep. On that note, I will be heading north on travis on Saturday. If you are interested in that let me know. You can call me anytime today at 512 636 8630.
Old     (thirdgear)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-03-2006, 1:35 PM Reply   
Jeremy, what is Travis looking like right now in terms of riding conditions? My family has a house there, and we usually ride that lake but after seeing the level drop so much, we're resorting to towing over to Austin. We usually ride over by Mansfield dam -- would you say the conditions are ridable there or anywhere else on the lake right now?
Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       03-03-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
Cold by Texas standards? How cold is that? I saw a guy out there trunking it last night.

Jeremy, thanks for the offer. I'll give you a call. I am not at all familiar with the area but assume that Lake Travis is nearby.

Greg, let me know what is going on Sunday.

Thanks, D
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-03-2006, 2:00 PM Reply   
I was in Lake Austin in May and it was under 60 degrees.
Old    00wakesetter            03-03-2006, 2:01 PM Reply   
Dude, lake Austin is in the sixys year round (i think) thats cold by any standards. So I wouldnt move to lake Austin if i were you because the water is to colld.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-03-2006, 2:12 PM Reply   
Steven and Cindy Present, owners of TSR, Have a great home on Lake Austin.
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-03-2006, 7:31 PM Reply   
Hahn hows it been. You should givre me a shout next time your down this way.
Old     (thirdgear)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-03-2006, 11:12 PM Reply   
Yo Kyle, if you were referring to my post I totally agree with you -- while Lake Austin has more consistently better water than Lake Travis, I'd prefer to stick with Travis for the better temps and because it's much more convenient for me. However, we're in the middle of a really bad dry spell and since Travis isn't a constant level lake the water level has basically dropped to the point of creating a bunch of new hazards. I've heard a few people mention that they're still riding Travis, but I've heard a bunch more say that it's no longer worth the risk -- just looking for a first hand opinion on this.
Old     (512boarder)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-05-2006, 11:25 AM Reply   
it is weel over 100 feet by mansfield dam, so riding hazards are not gonna get you too bad unless you wander further over towards windy point and stuff. but if you just stay close to the cliffs near the dam, you should be alright
Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       03-06-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
Jeremy, thanks for the offer on Saturday. I wish I could have made it out. Hope you had good water.
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-07-2006, 6:29 AM Reply   
Yeah it is too bad you couldn't find a car. Hope the conference went well. The water was great, it would have been nice to have more sun. Holla at me if you are ever back in TX