Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old    jay_23            02-07-2006, 9:38 PM Reply   
i was wondering, with a 3/3 mm wetsuit. what is the coldest water temp you can ride in. thanks.
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-07-2006, 9:52 PM Reply   
I rode with a full 3/2 wettie in as low as 40 degrees. it wasnt that bad. Once you get up, its better.

This year, since my surgery, I got a dry suit though. the knee brace didnt fit over the wettie. I caved to the peer pressure of my friends. LOL
Old     (ridetilldeath)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-08-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
yea, as long as you get up fast, youll be fine. i have a 3/2 oneill spring suit that im wearing now. its cold when i get in but once im up im fine.
Old     (jhertz27)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-08-2006, 2:21 PM Reply   
I have a full JetPilot 3/2mm, I have riden in about 40-45 coldest. Kept pretty warm. Then again, we had a hot shower and heater on the boat. Try not to bite it, once it hits your face its like needles!
Old    jay_23            02-08-2006, 4:34 PM Reply   
thanks for your help guys and girls, but 45 degree water just sounds nuts to me, but then again i am form hawaii.
Old    jayp            02-08-2006, 5:42 PM Reply   
Call me a pansy but there is no way I am getting in 40 degree water without a drysuit. I have ridden in water that cold. When the water is that cold the air is cold as well. Much nicer to stay warm and dry wearing sweats and a drysuit.

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-08-2006, 6:59 PM Reply   
My crew did 40 F water last spring in a shorties, except the one guy that didn't have a wet suit.
Old     (ethomass)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-08-2006, 7:05 PM Reply   
We gotin 40 degree water. I have a Oneil 4/3 and it did the job. It was cold but worth it to get out on the water.
Old    luv2wake2            02-09-2006, 4:27 AM Reply   
It really helps to do a dock , shore,boat trailer, tailgate of the truck start, what ever you can find. That why you can build up plenty of body heat before you hit the water. And actually the cold water feels good to cool ya down! That cold water, will also motivate you to learn, a dock start. We have been in 38 dergree water, with the air temp around 45 , it was worth it!
Old    jay_23            02-11-2006, 11:17 PM Reply   
do those hoods help out a whole lot, i just want to ride as soon as possible. i live in spokane,wa. where the water is still pretty cold even during the summer. thanks.