Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-28-2005, 10:01 AM Reply   
Does anyone own, or know much about session boats. Quality, Wake, features, price, etc... I am looking into them and just haven't heard much about them. Thanks
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-28-2005, 10:47 AM Reply   
Talk to anyone who has owned one, and they love it. They do get bashed on this board because of some A hole salesmen who posted here. I bought my 22SI this year and love it. The only thing I don't like is the fit and finish in the engine box, other than that first rate. Drives nice, pulls nice, and is very solid.

The wake unweighted is similar to my old Malibu Echelon with a wedge and 1000lbs. Lately I load about 1500, and it's too much wake for me, probably just right for most of the guys here. Also, these are heavy boats (nearly 4000 LBS dry weight), make sure you get the 6.2 engine upgrade. You will need it when you start weighing it down.

Price - Kinda tricky here. I personally have never seen an 05. Most dealers had left over 04's. Session attacked a very competitive market, and got hammered. They had a good product, but there is no room for a new brand higher end wakeboard boat. They needed to low ball the market for a while to try to build a customer base. Most people that are gonna spend the money, buy a big three boat. I paid well below dealer cost for my 04, late summer of 05. Mine has high end trailer, perfect pass, bimini, board racks, upgraded engine, snap on covers and a standard cover, stereo upgrade, brand new zero hours, and other options. Email me and I'll tell you exactly what dealer cost is with options. I had dealt directly with the president of Regal, and had all the info from him and the former sales manager from a norcal dealer. Absolutely no reason you should pay much more then $40K for an 04 no matter what options it has. Feel free to email me at jeffm359@comcast.net. I'll get you some more info.

IMO, stay away from the 22XI, unless you really like the funky seating. Resale on those is gonna be very narrow. The more tradition seating arraignment of the 22SI is much more functional.

Old    bullet_tower            10-28-2005, 12:59 PM Reply   
Jeff I think you will like the way I cleaned up the storage compartmentin my 22si let me know what you think!

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-28-2005, 1:10 PM Reply   
Whats up with the bars on the side? Doesn't that make gasing up a pain in the ass?
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-28-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   
Ya, Bob, I was gonna shoot you an email about how much I dig it. Your boat looks just like mine (same model and color), but mine doesn't have all the bling. Although you got the solid hull, mine is the standard yellow gel coat.

To bad Bullet is in Orlando, I'm sure you guys could have hooked me up with something similar.
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-29-2005, 1:05 AM Reply   
I hear they are coming out with a new 20 footer this year, rumor has it that engine options will include either a 5.0, or a diesel. Diesel... that would be sick!!!

bob I understnad that Bullett is doing the tower for session now, is that correct. If so Congrats.

Has anyone else heard about the new session boats
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-29-2005, 2:32 AM Reply   
They need another boat in the line up and drop the XI. That seating arraignment scared a lot of people away. Most people think Session, they say "the one with the weird seating?" They don't even know they make a "normal model"

Diesel would be cool, but pretty pricey. Like I said in my first post, if someone is gonna drop that kinda grit, they'll go with a Bu, CC, or MC. It's just the fickle nature of this market.

I wish them luck, I love mine, and I'm sure the 06's will be nice. As of right now they have no dealers on the west coast. Norcal is a market they have to get back into. Both dealers in the Delta region went belly up, and left Regal with a lot of unpaid bills. This is the reason regal gave me such a sweet deal on my boat. Probably easier to sell it, then truck it somewhere else. They had about 8 boats they were trying to get rid of this past summer, left over from the bankrupt dealers out here.
Old    walt            10-29-2005, 5:59 AM Reply   
I know that boat has a little red accent color in the logo but the red tower looks like hell with the yellow hull. I don't care for the nerf bars either... they totally ruin the lines of the boat IMO.
Old    bullet_tower            10-29-2005, 6:07 AM Reply   
sorry you don't care for it Walt I have done 2 shows with this boat and most of the people I have talked to love it. Thanks for your post though!
Old    walt            10-29-2005, 6:19 AM Reply   
On the positive side it looks like you did a great job on it.

Great profile pic by the way !
Old    bullet_tower            10-29-2005, 6:49 AM Reply   
Thanks walt,

What do you think of the new 06 tower/boat I only have a few pics but check it out!

Old    bullet_tower            10-29-2005, 7:01 AM Reply   
This tower was the 1st proto-type made for the boat we are changing a few things tow point, adding some width to the top (to get rid of the kink in the transition above the hinge fitting) the speakers in the photo's work the hinge fittings have a 2" hole for wires and another 2" hole in the tower feet in the front!
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-29-2005, 7:12 AM Reply   
The tower looks okay, but are swivel racks an option? They are a huge convenience and a safety enhancement. I wouldn't consider a boat that doesn't offer them.
Old    bullet_tower            10-29-2005, 7:42 AM Reply   
Yeah I have a swivel board rack designed for this tower! It will be offered from Bullet I don't know if Session will offer it as an option yet or not! The design is in CAD I stll have to work out the clearance issues between the speakers and boards but check it. Notice the tower is different, this was an early concept that was shot down what do you guys think? do you like the one on the boat better?

Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-29-2005, 7:47 AM Reply   
I like the tower, although I thought the one on the 04 and 05 was better than most on the market. I do like the look of the new one. Doesn't look like they changed the 06 models much. Glad to see they are making the 06, I figured Regal might pull the plug on Session. I have to get on the phone with Mike and order a few options i missed with mine.
Old    bullet_tower            10-29-2005, 7:48 AM Reply   
also pylon on top or pylon on the bottom? I like them on them bottom but I couldnt sell it to Session like that they wanted it on top. Our branding is based on a six shooter pylon and you cant see it on top!

Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-29-2005, 7:51 AM Reply   
Bob any chance you'll offer those racks for the old Session tower? I might be down for a set. That was another thing I hate about my boat, the boards racks are impossible to get to!
Old    bullet_tower            10-29-2005, 9:07 AM Reply   
No, chance man, not unless you would be willing to pay for a one off proto! that tower is no longer being made
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-29-2005, 9:25 AM Reply   
I'm sure they'd be worth every penny, but not my penny. "one off proto", sounds a little high end for me. good luck on the Session venture, looks like your helping them head in the right direction.
Old    bullet_tower            10-29-2005, 9:42 AM Reply   
Thanks jeff!
Old    bullet_tower            10-29-2005, 9:44 AM Reply   
knerf bars will help you access your board when racked!
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-29-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
They would, but just a little too much bling for my taste ,even if just polished to match the stock tower.