Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-19-2005, 6:22 PM Reply   
sorry for starting another thread but i need input from X-10 owners (current or previous)...

are you guys happy with your boats? have you owned other boats? would you buy the x-10 again? were there any major concerns that you had with your boats that would keep you from buying an X-10 again?

we are running out of time and are looking for opinions... (not looking for opinions on the wake being not pro to pro)
Old     (amazongb)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-19-2005, 9:35 PM Reply   
I will try to email you my phone # so we can talk. It's a nice all around boat.
Old     (wpstevenson)      Join Date: May 2002       10-20-2005, 5:56 PM Reply   
I just got my 2006 X10, I sold my 2004 x10 in July. Most of my friends have old xstars, 205v hull. The 205v wake is better, but the x10 weighted right is good also. The x10 has more room and rides much much better in chopy water. Now that I have seen and been in the new X2, I think it will be my next boat. Blair where are you located?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-20-2005, 6:54 PM Reply   
Blair,
Below is the best pic I could find on the wake of my 2001 X10 for you. The boat had 6ppl and a full tank + the KGB Ballast system (850lbs) This is a no joke or trick pic. FYI, I am 5'10" and 170lbs to give you perspective.

I have not a bad thing to say about the boat, only the dealer. Everything is fantastic. length, width, wake shape, fuel consumption (I have the 330hp LTR Motor)

Handling, turns well in both directions and does track very well. Hold speed well also in wide turns, close turns will require a little throttle, but this is normal in any boat.
Rough water or chop up to 1ft is easily handled. your gonna bounce a little, but would in any boat. Fill the tanks and you won't notice that chop anymore and would venture a guess that you could handle larger chop without much issue or Annoyance of it with the tanks full.

I can hold 10 ppl plus gear with little problems. KGB Ballast is great, and I have the ability to empty each tank independently. This allos my to tailor the wake as well as balance the boat should it be weighted uneven.
Only once did I have an issue with weight, and I was running the KGB + 350 sac in the walk thru, full fuel and 11 ppl in the boat. It struggled for a while to get on plane. I remedied this by changing out the stock prop and don't have this problem anymore.

Storage is huge. It's not a very PC statement but I calculate the rear cargo areas on either side of the motor as having the ability to store 3 wetbacks each with the KGB tanks. 4 without. Really though jokes aside, each read storage area can handle 3 18Gal RubberMaid containers, with another 6" of space above them over the entire lenght. I am sure you have seen it for yourself. But I also can fit wakeboards on the pass side and wakeskates on the driver side with no issues.

Trailer weight is good, and with the stock motor it is lighter. My dry weight was 3350 with motor and accessories. I believe the new ones are 3100. Eitehr way, any vehicle that tows 5000lb should be able to handle it fine. I have a 1996 Tahoe 2door with the 5.7L and it pulls everything just fine. I have done some distance towing, several 150+ one-way trips and never have issues. I even do pretty well in the MPG with my Hoe!

Feel free to email me and I will shoot you my cell if you would like to talk as well. I would definately buy another MC, but the new X2 is looking very impressive to me, otherwise I will most likely be buying another X10 next winter.

KG

Here's the pic!

Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-20-2005, 7:33 PM Reply   
Whoa!! Pull the shorts down a bit!!! I'm not wearing sunglasses!
Old     (aprgriggs)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-21-2005, 8:56 AM Reply   
I had a 2003 X10 and loved the interior but the wake was lacking. I would not get this boat again....there are alot of boats out there that are better. Look at a X2 or X1.