Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old    jdoggy            09-22-2005, 12:54 PM Reply   
I am in need of shore station or docking station of some kind. I live in Michigan. I am wondering if I should wait until Spring time and pick something up at a boat show or should I be shopping hard right now? I would definitely want the station to be delivered and set up. I have an new X2.
Old    d_fresh            09-22-2005, 4:53 PM Reply   
If you can find something used for sale, grab it. The season is almost over, so I would not be too concerned. Not sure what side of the state you are on. The Novi boat show has alot of venders right around March. Keep your eyes open!
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-22-2005, 5:00 PM Reply   
Where are you located? There are several for sale on my lake in Southwest lower. If going new - definitely shop around - the prices varying greatly (i.e. don't pay to put it together).
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-22-2005, 5:43 PM Reply   
i'd say also get the hydraulic one, it lifts your boat so quickly!
Old    jdoggy            09-23-2005, 4:19 AM Reply   
We have a place north of Grand Rapids about 30 miles. I would need something that would hold over 3500 lbs. What's your preference on the brand? Does it make any difference? I am pretty new to lake and boating etc. Very excited about things but very new. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you to everyone that has responded.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       09-24-2005, 2:25 PM Reply   
It will cost more, but I think you should look at something in the 5000 # range. Don't forget about gas, gear and ballast.
Old    jdoggy            09-28-2005, 12:33 PM Reply   
I am leaning towards the Harbor Master Elite.
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-28-2005, 6:19 PM Reply   
Do it - that's the one I have. It is the easiest to crank - and it lowers completely to the lake bottom (lower than other lifts).
Old    jdoggy            09-29-2005, 7:07 PM Reply   
Sweet. It looks nice. Did you think about a power lift. Which style is this? Is this the Elite?
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-29-2005, 8:38 PM Reply   
Yes - it's the elite. I can't remember - but I think it is the 4000 pounder. If you are going to go electric - go with this:
http://www.commanderproductsllc.com/
I'm going to get one next year. Key chain remote up and down - livin' large. You can buy these where they make the Harbor Master lifts - which I believe is around Grand Rapids (or somewhere in your neck of the woods). Call them and they will give you the details....
Old    jdoggy            09-30-2005, 5:30 AM Reply   
Thanks Kilo,

That is what I am going to buy. I will buy one at the local boat show this Spring. Did you put yours together or did you have the store employee's assemble your hoist? When I called a local store they charged about $250 to deliver and assemble. The said it would be another $150-200 to put it in the water. This seems a little high, but maybe it is worth it.
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-30-2005, 9:09 AM Reply   
Get a power lift for sure. They last a long time and its a pain to crank up after 20 years. Check out how much they weigh, you will probably need take it out every fall.
If I was buying new, I would get the hydraulic type.
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-30-2005, 9:16 AM Reply   
Jeff,

I called a few places - the one I settled on put it together for free but charged $200 (or around that) to put it in the water. I think the total bill was $6500 (including canopy). Defintely shop around - the prices varied quite a bit.

-Keith
Old    jdoggy            10-12-2005, 9:23 AM Reply   
Thanks I will shop this around.