Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-07-2005, 10:44 AM Reply   
I have demoed some lf transits both the narrow and normal versions of the XL size bindings. the narrows would hurt my feet. and the normal were a bit wide in the front. But the bindings are sooo comfy!! I am so torn. I saw a quick one page article in wakeboarding mag, it showed a guy whos foot fit good in a medium, but was too long, so they got an XL an trimed it down, then it was all good. I was wondering if anyone has tried this yet?
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-07-2005, 11:12 AM Reply   
get the tighter ones. Transits will get more and more comfy over time. dont lace them up so tight and you should be fine. when i got my transits my right foot would loose circulation wya faster than my left and now after bout a month of heavy riding I yank them both down real tight and they barely hurt me even after 45-to an hour of straight riding this morn. dont ever cut those bindings.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-07-2005, 12:38 PM Reply   
I was thinking the same thing, so I got the demo an extra early, and soaked the bindings in the tb for like 30 min in super hot water, then put them on, and wore them around the house for an hr, but it was killing the archof my left foot to the point where I had to take it off it hurt so much. I did not tighten them down either. arg I hate being in between sizes.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-07-2005, 3:32 PM Reply   
I've taken them apart and tightened the toe box. Took me about 30 minutes and worked killer. Now they are the most comfortable bindings I've ever worn. Super easy. Make sure you have a really sharp exacto to cut the excess material and the screws go through the overlay from the outside. You just snap off the decorative cover that goes along the outer edge of the bindings.

Good luck
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-07-2005, 5:02 PM Reply   
i had the exact same problem with the 05 sphynx bindings. it felt like the bindings were going to give me flat feet. i wore mine around the house and rode them as much as possible for about a week then they started to feel like pillows until the back rubber piece ripped. just give it some time man. you will thank yourself in the end.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-07-2005, 6:12 PM Reply   
So should I go for the narrows? or get the regulars and trim them down?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-08-2005, 7:51 AM Reply   
mine haven't broken in at all. That's after 6 months of riding. I'd get the regulars and cut them down. The narrows killed my feet and were tough to get in and out of.